CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Company: CHI Memorial
Posted on: May 17, 2020
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: TN > CHATTANOOGA > CHATTANOOGA INTERNAL
Under the direction of the health care provider, Medical Assistant
is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the
safety and wellbeing of all patients. Accurately performs
preliminary physical tests such as: measures blood pressure,
records weight, temperature, pulse and respirations and other
measures as directed by established clinical protocols.
- Perform general patient care by following established standards
- Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider.
- Obtain and record vital signs including but not limited to,
blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight,
drug allergies, and current medications and presenting
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients
and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral,
injection, topically, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant
- May perform routine tests including but not limited to
- Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to
ensure completion of testing.
- Communicate with patient regarding test results and plan of
care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain
equipment; keep patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly;
dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
- Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results
in the medical record as directed by the provider.
- Escalate non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the
practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
- Ensure safety checklists/quality controls are completed as
- Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy
- Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager, MA Lead
or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Completion of a Certified Medical Assistant course required
- Current/valid Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification
required or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) required if
- Successfully completed Medication Aide 40-hour course or
current/valid Medication Aide certification by state agency
required if applicable.
- May require specialized training such as Non-Certified
Radiologic Technician (NCT).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- 2 years Medical Assistant experience preferred
- Electronic health record experience preferred
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and
professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
- Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all
creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God
and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to
- Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and
sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
- Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their
sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of
the human community.
- Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually
surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety
standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts
effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff
and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal
This position requires a criminal background check. Therefore, you
may be required to provide information about your criminal history
in order to be considered for this position.
- Requisition ID: 2020-R0284450
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI Memorial
Keywords: CHI Memorial, Chattanooga , CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT, Healthcare , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!