Company: CHI Memorial
Posted on: May 11, 2020
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: TN > CHATTANOOGA > CHI MEMORIAL CENTER FOR
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Physician, Licensed
Practical Nurse functions as a vital member of the healthcare team
who contributes to the success of the practice by demonstrating
customer/patient focus, effective communication, professionalism,
and teamwork. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan,
implement, and evaluate comprehensive care provided to selected
patient populations and their families.
- Performs basic nursing care to patients by following
established standards and procedures.
- Collects patient data such as vital signs; notes how the
patient looks and acts, or responds to stimuli, and reports this
- Prepares and administers injections, performs routine tests,
treats wounds, and changes bandages.
- Prepares patient records and files using established medical
record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
- Administers certain prescribed medications, and monitors and
documents treatment progress and patient response.
- Participates in the implementation and evaluation of patient
care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and
federal/state laws and regulations.
- Monitors and documents treatment progress and patient
- Conveys information to patients and families about health
status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic
- Participates in teams to improve patient care processes and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing
- Must have current/valid Licensed Practical Nurse license from
the state licensing board.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR (Basic Life Support)
- 1 year experience in a clinic or acute hospital nursing setting
required. Additional Responsibilities:
Demonstrates a commitment to service, hospital values and
professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Profound respect and awe for all of creation, the
foundation that shapes spirituality, our relationships with others
and our journey to God.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, fidelity, trust,
truthfulness in all we do.
Compassion: Solidarity with one another, capacity to enter into
another's joy and sorrow.
Excellence: Preeminent performance, becoming the benchmark, putting
forth our personal and professional best.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety
standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts
effectively with physicians, patients, visitors, staff and the
broader health care community. Catholic Health Initiatives and its
organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
This position requires a criminal background check. Therefore, you
may be required to provide information about your criminal history
in order to be considered for this position.
- Requisition ID: 2020-R
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI Memorial
Keywords: CHI Memorial, Chattanooga , LPN-CLINIC, Healthcare , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!