Psychiatric Assessment Nurse - RN
Company: Parkridge Valley Hospital
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Parkridge Valley Hospital- Chattanooga, TNAdmissions and Assessment
Intake Coordinator NurseFull-time DaysMember of the TriStarDivision
Our Mission- Above all else,we re committed to the care and
improvement of human life. For us, it's all about people. Here at
HCA, you willfind that caring extends to our patients, employees,
and the communities weserve. It is demonstrated by industry leading
patient satisfaction scores, definedpathways for your personal and
professional growth, and the impact of the over30,000 volunteer
hours we provide annually. Our dedication has led to awards
ofrecognition including being named a World s Most Admired Company
Are you looking for an employerwith many different career options
and a people-focused culture? You ve come tothe right place. HCA at
A few of the benefits we provideyou:
- Industry Leading Clinical Training andProfessional Academy-
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student LoanForgiveness Programs
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- New Extended Family Leave
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FlexibleSpending Accounts
- Hundreds of consumer discounts
- Financial Fitness Program with a CertifiedFinancial Planner
About this opportunity:Parkridge Valley offers the most
comprehensive mental health and chemical dependency services in the
region. With programs available for children, adolescents and
adults, services are provided with a variety of treatment options
to best accommodate the individual patient- from inpatient care, to
partial hospitalization to intensive outpatient care. We serve two
campuses housing Child and Adolescents with 108 beds and Adults and
Geriatrics with 124 beds.
Learn more about Parkridge Valley Psychiatric Hospital today!!
- The IntakeCoordinator will respond to calls for psychiatry
services respondingappropriately to the identified needs of the
caller and patient.
- Prioritizespatient calls based on the level of need of the
- Coordinatesactivities with Respond Department and Respond
Director to assure accuraterecord keeping and efficient patient
- Ensures EMTALAcompliance at all times and reports any concerns
to the Respond Directorimmediately.
- Coordinatescommunication related to all assessment and
admission activities, ensures rapidthroughput for the emergency
department, requests additional resources whenneeded based on
volume, and works with multidisciplinary team to move patientsto
- Responds to callsin a timely and thorough manner, and verifies
RN/SSR in Respond completes atimely assessment
- Workscollaboratively with Senior Leadership team to provide
data and to assure accurateresponse data management
- Provides ongoingeducation, resources and support to patients
and families as needed.
- Coordinates andparticipates with appropriate interested parties
and physicians through thepatient response inquiry, and admission
- Models and trainsother behavioral health team members on
managing and tracking inquiry calls.
- Tracks andreports on all key indicators related to calls,
assessment, and admissions.
- Ensures patientrights and confidentiality are maintained.
- Ability to remaincalm during crisis situations You are
encouraged toapply today!
- Active and clear RN License (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care
Provider (required within 90 days of hire)
- Psychiatric or Behavioral Health Services experience STRONGLY
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) (required within 30 days
Apply today to avoid any delays!!
We are Parkridge Valley!
Notice Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care unit, intensive, intensive
care unit, maternal, mhb, nurse clinical, nurse rn, recovery,
Keywords: Parkridge Valley Hospital, Chattanooga , Psychiatric Assessment Nurse - RN, Healthcare , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!