Company: March of Dimes
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Full Time Regular
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and
babies. We re advocating for policies to protect them. We re
working to radically improve the health care they receive. We re
pioneering research to find solutions. We re empowering families
with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies.
By uniting communities, we re building a brighter future for us
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters
opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide
a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our
fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us
in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
The Development Manager is responsible for donor recruitment,
development, cultivation, and activation, leading assigned
fundraising events, and meeting fundraising objectives of the March
of Dimes in the assigned market. Principle roles and
responsibilities include revenue development and volunteer
* Increase overall market revenue by implementing core tactics for
fundraising events, resulting in aggressive and sustainable year
over year growth.
* Identify prospects, research and analyze development options in
order to predict business opportunities. Manage a personal
portfolio of prospects.
* Develop relationships with constituents, referral partners, or
existing volunteer leaders in order to obtain personal introduction
to prospective constituents.
* Develop and present sales presentations in order to educate and
sell mission engagement opportunities to prospects or
* Research prospects needs, concerns and objectives in order to
create effective sponsorship proposals. In partnership with the
Senior Development Manager or Executive Director of Market
Development, take a lead role on significant sponsorship asks in
the market. Drive all sponsors in the market to activate their
* Identify candidates for top volunteer leadership roles. Create
plans to gain access to volunteer leadership prospects and
candidates. Recruit qualified candidates and articulate goals,
outcomes and objectives for performance in order to enable
candidates to make good decisions regarding the acceptance of
critical revenue generation goals.
* Develop, execute and monitor development strategies to enhance
cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
* Make periodic visits, explore specific needs, and resolve
problems in order to build and maintain constituent
* Coach and guide volunteers in the execution of the event and
achievement of expected outcomes.
* Communicate the mission of the March of Dimes with staff,
volunteers and within the community in order to connect current and
prospective donors with Mission outcomes.
* Utilize electronic data management tools in order to review and
analyze pertinent information and monitor financial and mission
* Perform other duties from time-to-time in order to ensure the
attainment of market financial goals.
* Represent the March of Dimes as an official spokesperson and
provides a high degree of expertise within his/her area and in
broad and organizational areas to internal and external contacts.
Contacts are critical to motivating, negotiation with, developing
and collaborating with others.
* Decisions, or decisions this position leads in making, have
significant impact on fundraising success of the market.
* Previous Experience: Minimum of 3 years of directly related work
experience in increasingly responsible positions
* Education: Bachelor s degree strongly preferred and/or directly
related professional skills and experience
* Physical Demands: May involve lifting and carrying boxes; may
involve traveling by subway, bus, car and/or plane to meetings and
March of Dimes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided here.
Keywords: March of Dimes, Chattanooga , Development Manager, Executive , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!