IT Manager, Communications Platform (CCP) (6880)
Posted on: October 10, 2018
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 33 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
General Summary: The Policy Administration & Client Support (PACS) organization is responsible for our Underwriting Tool (Merlin) and Customer Communications Platform (CCP) administration systems supporting the Client Administration business function. Our focus is to drive straight-through processing utilizing automation and business process management tools along with reducing paper consumption.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieving the software/solutions/services delivery commitments of the team
- Maximizing the effectiveness of the team and takes actions to increase performance and effectiveness of the team. Which includes developing, mentoring and coaching team members. The role promotes and facilitates the professional development of team members and ensures plans are in place to elevate the performance of the team.
- May serve in a Scrum Master role for an agile team
- For Agile teams, works with business partners and team to translate the business strategy or roadmap into backlog items
- Responsible for ensuring that the agile team(s) apply best of breed software engineering practices including but not limited to Test Driven Development, Peer Reviews, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment practices, unit and regression test automation, comprehensive approach to addressing NFR, adherence to standards, comprehensive Definition of Done, team retrospectives, etc.
- Using Agile metrics and tools to understand team performance and efficiency and takes actions to improve the efficiency of the team.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of a broad range of emerging technology trends and identifies opportunities where technology might be deployed to deliver business improvements and competitive advantage. Qualifications
- Bachelor s degree in computer science or relevant technical experience.
- 5+ years experience in an IT field or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience leading IT Teams of 6+ professionals (direct and/or indirect reports)
- Understanding of Agile/Lean leadership principles; proficient in agile team development as well as awareness of team training opportunities.
- Ability to effectively coach, mentor, and identify and address skills needs and gaps
- Ability to think critically and challenge conventional thinking Technical Requirements:
Based on the focus of these agile delivery teams, knowledge and experience with one or more of the following technologies is preferred:
- Understanding of Mainframe systems such as DB2, IMS, VSAM and JCL
- C# .Net
- API creation
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodologyUnum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Keywords: Unum, Chattanooga , IT Manager, Communications Platform (CCP) (6880), Executive , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!