Director of Sales- Drayage
Company: Charger Logistics
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Charger logistics Inc. is a world- class asset-based carrier
with locations across North America. With over 20 years of
experience providing the best logistics solutions, Charger
logistics has transformed into a world-class transport provider and
continue to grow.Charger logistics invests time and support into
its employees to provide them with the room to learn and grow their
expertise and work their way up. We are entrepreneurial-minded
organization that welcomes and support individual idea and
strategies. We are currently expanding and looking to add a
motivated individual to our team.Job Duties:
- Responsible for managing the complete lifecycle of negotiations
while managing commercial and operational aspects for the drayage
related activities within the Imports Team.
- Creating procedures/polices to support and govern drayage
related systems, functions, and processes, and implementing
effective operational training and training methods throughout the
organization and ensure all business requirements are met, while
developing KPI reporting and providing "value-add" efficiencies to
- Negotiate rates with the drayage carriers and other
transportation providers, manage drayage capacities, establish KPI
standards, and effectively communicate strategic approach and
findings with company leaders.
- Negotiate contracts with drayage companies in order to optimize
capacity and improve value to company and end customers.
- Plan and schedule appropriate service lines, maintain a
cost-effective balance between customer service and cost of
- Monitor market trends, competitive pricing strategies, and
assist Sales/Operations through the creation and modeling of
- Strong understanding of rate reconciliation for drayage
shipments; ability to understand accessorial and importance of time
sensitive resolution. Financially experienced to ensure carriers
are invoicing based on quoted services.
- Identify logistics issues and implement appropriate
- Perform other related duties as assigned.Requirements:
- 7+ years of Freight Forwarding operation or transportation/
logistics related relevant experience.
- 3+ years experience in transportation experience, preferably in
a port or rail drayage environment
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the sales planning
- Ability to interface with all required levels at a customer
(entry level to senior executive)
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills & strong
interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Strong negotiation skills with proven closing ability.
- Ability to function independently with little or no supervision
as well as function in a team environment.
Keywords: Charger Logistics, Chattanooga , Director of Sales- Drayage, Executive , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!