Senior Insurance Commercial Lines Account Manager (Hybrid)
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the
Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You'll be required
to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application,
you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email to
Accessibility (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won't
receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency:English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Primarily responsible for independently marketing smaller and/or
less complex accounts. Exercise independent decisions relating to
client analysis of coverage, recommending coverage needs, and
suggesting new lines of coverage for existing clients. Be viewed as
a leader and resource by colleagues and peers who provides
exceptional client service and serves as a mentor to others. Be
knowledgeable of coverages, carrier guidelines, underwriting,
legislative changes, and maintain relationships with clients and
carrier representatives. Develop strong relationships with carriers
and clients. Support Producer and Marketing Account Executives in
managing larger and/or more complex accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job.
Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not
mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to
1. Build and maintain key client and carrier relationships by
phone, email and in person.
2. Execute a comprehensive client service plan for all assigned
accounts that address their business needs and risk management
3. Lead the client service team in service activities related to
administration, billing, claims issues and problem solving.
4. Coordinate internal/external activities to ensure both new and
renewal accounts are handled in a timely, accurate, and
5. Continually seek cross-sell opportunities and suggest new lines
6. Monitor and manage the renewal process for assigned clients.
Coordinate meeting with client and/or Producer to present the
renewal and supporting documents to gain acceptance of the renewal
or commitment to go to market for alternative options.
7. Lead the marketing of accounts of smaller, less complex
8. Independently prepare marketing information for smaller and/or
less complex accounts for Producer or client. Provide required
information to Producer and participate in presenting options to
9. Manage the implementation process; prepare and deliver all
applicable forms to client.
10. Formulate a plan with Producer to conduct relationship
management meetings and/or visits with assigned clients.
11. Proficient in the client management system(s), specifically to
update policies that are written or renewed, log activities to
document client meetings, carrier follow-up, service issues,
establish follow-up date and daily manage follow up in client
management system(s). Also, understand how to use the system to
acquire information to assist clients.
12. Attend seminars, classes and carrier meetings to keep abreast
of new products available for clients and acquire expertise in
legislative changes, as opportunities occur.
13. Mentor team members.
14. Other duties and responsibilities as requested by
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related
2. Five years of relevant insurance industry experience
3. Appropriate insurance license (Property & Casualty)
4. Strong client relation skills to build and maintain positive
business relationships with clients and market contacts; including
excellent communication skills and service orientation, cooperative
nature, and tactfulness to resolve client and company problems
5. Ability to utilize leadership skills by providing direction,
constructive feedback, development and training while additionally
being able to motivate others to maximize productivity and team
6. Demonstrate proficiency in basic computer applications, such as
Microsoft Office Suite
7. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Advanced degree
2. Certification in field of endeavor
3. Experience with Requests for Proposal
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity
Employer that does not discriminate against individuals on the
basis of race, gender, color, religion, citizenship or national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
veteran status or other classification protected by law. Truist is
a Drug Free Workplace.
EEO is the LawPay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Keywords: Suntrust, Chattanooga , Senior Insurance Commercial Lines Account Manager (Hybrid), Executive , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!