Emergency Services Manager
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description IntroductionAre you ready to manage in a new era as
an Emergency Services Manager where building a healthier tomorrow
is more than a job? Our Parkridge Medical Center North Emergency
team is committed to partnership, innovation, legacy and improving
more lives in more ways. Share your resume today.BenefitsParkridge
Medical Center North, offers a total rewards package that supports
the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are dedicated to improving human life. Each year about
five percent of all U.S. hospital services happen at an HCA
Healthcare facility. Be an impact as an Emergency Services Manager
where your passion for leading and creativity are valued? We want
your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and QualificationsThe
Emergency Services Manager functions as a clinical expert in
Emergency Nursing. In conjunction with the Director, supervises and
evaluates members of the Emergency Department team. Manages the
Emergency Department by assuring that necessary supplies,
instrumentation, and equipment is available and maintained.
Knowledge, understanding, acceptance, and support of the
philosophy, objectives, and policies of the emergency department
and the institution as a whole are essential. What you will do in
- You will provide positive leadership to departmental and
- Your role supervises and directs care of the emergency patient
according to individualized patient needs.
- You will assure aseptic technique and nursing practice meets
accepted Standards of Practice.
- You will be responsible for patient safety at all times.
- You will serve as a professional role model and resource
- You support emergency department cooperation and
- Your role acts as liaison between physicians and the
- You will maintain a climate conducive to open and positive
communication within the emergency department.
- Your role keeps Director informed and seeks assistance to solve
staff and clinical issues as necessary.
- With the approval of the director, You will order & maintain
necessary supplies, i.e., equipment and instrumentation, to assure
physician and patient needs are met.
- Your role assists in staffing, labor management and meeting
budgetary goals along with assisting in meeting departmental goals,
compliance and positive outcomes.
- Your role assists in departmental quality improvement, quality
assurance, monitoring programs and corporate initiatives.
- Your role assures Emergency Department staff development,
in-services, education, competencies and staff orientation.
What qualifications you will need:
- Current RN license with an approved compact state.
- BSN preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in emergency nursing
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention must be obtained within 30 days
of employment start date
- PALS Pediatric Adv Life Supt must be obtained within 60 months
of employment start date
- TNCC preferred
- ENPC preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Previous management experience is desirable.
- Basic knowledge of anatomy, physiology,
- Ability to assess the needs of patients from infancy to the
elderly and modify care appropriately.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).Parkridge North ER is a 24/7,
full-service emergency room staffed by board-certified emergency
medicine physicians. We are able to handle a broad scope of medical
emergencies, ranging from illness and injury to life-threatening
concerns. Parkridge North ER is affiliated with Parkridge Medical
Center, which is a 270+ bed hospital near Downtown Chattanooga. We
feature comprehensive diagnostic, medical, and surgical services
which include intensive care, orthopedic and spine surgery,
rehabilitation and a state of the art neurosurgery program.
Patients also have access to OB-GYN services, a level III Neonatal
Intensive Care Unit and behavioral health treatment centers for
children and adults.
"Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses
and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive If this is the
kind of dynamic growth opportunity that compels you, apply for the
Emergency Services Manager role. We are interviewing apply today!We
are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Chattanooga , Emergency Services Manager, Executive , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!