Hire Ahead Executive Director
Company: Brookdale Corporate
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Overview:Make Lives Better Including Your Own.If you want to
work in an environment where you can become your best possible
self, join us! You'll earn more than a paycheck; you can find
opportunities to grow your career through professional development,
as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and
wellness.Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and
retirement plans are available and vary by employment status.
Additional benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate DiscountsVeterans, transitioning active
duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to
apply.Please note, Brookdale is committed to complying with all
applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19
vaccination.Responsibilities:Participate in on-the-job training
experiences for the Executive Director role, learn new skills about
senior living, and be able to demonstrate increasing proficiency
and expertise with managerial responsibilities within the Brookdale
organization. The Brookdale Bench Program will prepare you to
assume the Executive Director role at one of our communities
including, but not limited to areas of people management,
operations management, and clinical management when you assume the
role of Executive Director.
- Responsible for all operations, acting as contact for all
staff, residents, prospects, community organizations, government
agencies and the public.
- Hands on leader who supervises, directs, and motivates
community staff. Provides direct resident care as needed. Fills in
at various positions as needed to cover staffing shortages.
- Maintains high degree of resident satisfaction and retention
through consistent delivery of high quality services. Provides
leadership for staff and residents to include pro-actively solving
problems and resolving issues with support from district leaders.
Administers annual resident satisfaction survey.
- Executes renewal program with existing residents through a
- In conjunction with regional operations, executes annual
operating and capital budgets. Aggressively anticipates and
minimizes negative budget variances and deficits. Meets and exceeds
budget occupancy goals for the property. Continually explores means
of revenue enhancement and expense reduction.
- Hires, trains, disciplines and terminates employees in
accordance with company policies. Reviews hires, promotions,
disciplinary actions and termination of employment of associates
ensuring consistency in the selection and retention of quality
- Ensures buildings, grounds and property are up to company
standards through the oversight of preventative maintenance systems
and programs, and frequent inspections that meet company standards
- Maintains current departmental policies, procedures, and
licenses in accordance with company, Federal, State, and local
- Fosters creativity among staff to deliver the highest quality
and best services to residents in in accordance with Brookdale
standards. Acts as a member of Resident Counsel.
- Develops and maintains a positive image within the local
community. Becomes active in social and civic affairs of the local
community. Represents the community and the company to governmental
agencies, professional organizations, community groups and other
appropriate public agencies/groups.
- Utilizes approved sales and marketing activities and strategies
to maximize occupancy.
- Assists in developing and conducting service plan reviews, as
required by state codes, with appropriate resident care team
members and resident families, which maintains the personal dignity
- Oversees the resident admission process, healthcare management
and maintenance of resident documentation to ensure compliance with
company policy and state regulations.This job description
represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above
referenced position. It is not intended to represent a
comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform
all duties as assigned by his/her
supervisor.Qualifications:Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required. Minimum of two
to four years related leadership experience required; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must have a valid administrator license in states where required.
Must have a valid driver license and access to a private vehicle
for business use.
Uses analytic skills and understanding of the organization and the
business in order to handle arising problems and issues.
Demonstrates leadership skills to be responsible for the overall
direction, coordination, and evaluation of resident care,
marketing, food service, housekeeping and maintenance units.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
company's policies and applicable laws.
Knowledge and Skills
Has knowledge of the organization, industry, and a functional
discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas gained
through experience and used to complete and/or oversee assignments.
Familiarity with Microsoft software preferred. Effective written
and oral communications skills are essential. Ability to prioritize
and effectively manage multiple tasks is essential. Ability to
delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their
skills, roles, and interests. Demonstrates good judgment, strong
problem solving and decision making skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
Requires Travel: OccasionallyBrookdale is an equal opportunity
employer and a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Brookdale Corporate, Chattanooga , Hire Ahead Executive Director, Executive , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!