PHARMACY OPERATIONS MANAGER- INFUSION PHARMACY
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Our Company:AmeritaOverview:Amerita, Inc. is a leading provider
in home Infusion therapy. We are looking for a Pharmacy Operations
Manager to join our Pharmacy team as we grow to be one of the top
home infusion providers in the country. The Pharmacy Operations
Manager will work in our Dallas, Texas branch.
Amerita is an entrepreneurial-founded company and a wholly owned
subsidiary of PharMerica. The home infusion market is positioned
for rapid growth driven by the aging population, increase in
chronic diseases, robust pipeline of infusible drugs coming to
market, and an industry shift from hospital delivery settings to
lower-cost, high-quality alternative providers such as Amerita.
As a core member of the Pharmacy team, you will be expected to
develop and execute the strategic market plan to achieve the
business objectives and budget expectations for the marketplace.The
Pharmacy Operations Manager is responsible for the branch pharmacy
operations under the advisement of the General Manager. This will
include: Oversees multiple pharmaceutical services including
pharmaceutical care activities for customers within the service
area and monitors, ensures patient outcomes are documented and
reported proactively. Oversees and directs warehouse operations,
pharmacy inventory management, prescription compounding, dispensing
process, home medical equipment management and supply management
and delivery process.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall operational and financial performance
of the assigned Amerita pharmacy location.
- Assists with development of Branch Budget and manages profit
and loss statement for the location.
- Hires, coaches, evaluates and disciplines branch staff. Sets
- Oversees purchasing, inventory and patient care operations to
ensure high-quality patient care and excellent customer service
while maintaining cost-effective practices.
- Optimizes staff productivity, including setting staff schedules
appropriate for business volume and activity trends.
- Works in coordination with Regional Sale Manager to develop a
branch sales strategy and sales plan, including direct
participation in sales activities.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable company policies and
procedures, federal and state laws and regulations, regulatory
requirements and accreditation agency standards.
- Develops and implements local Quality Improvement program and
monitors and reports results.
- Participates in the development of and oversees the
implementation of targeted clinical programs.
- Monitors branch performance through daily controls, audits,
surveys and customer feedback.
- Directs pharmacy operations and ensures compliance with state
and federal licensure requirements and regulations.
- Maintains records in conjunction with the HHA programs and
performs the duties of a Pharmacist as needed.
- Directs and coordinates intake, admissions, patient records,
care planning, pharmacokinetic programming, monitoring, ongoing
clinical assessment and discharge planning and oversees patient
- Works with warehouse and distribution staff to ensure supply
inventories, scheduling of deliveries and pick-ups and customer
- Acts as a central resource for reimbursement information and
responds to billing-related questions from customers and branch
- Directs preparation, compounding and dispensing of all
prescriptions and coordinates equipment and product recalls
according to written procedures. Ensures adherence to standard
policy and procedures for drug and supply procurement.
- Participates in branch, department and inter-departmental
meetings and, as needed, in sales presentations to provide pharmacy
- Provides consultation to and answers inquiries from patients,
families and physicians regarding medications and their usage and
assists physicians and nursing staff in development of therapeutic
drug plans for patients.
- Directs the implementation and maintenance of the Pharmacy
Quality Improvement Program. Develops QI indicators based on
identified trends, high volume and high risk or problem-prone areas
specific to his/her location.
- Directs, coordinates and supports preparation for pharmacy
accreditation and continued compliance.
- Participates in contract negotiation with local first dose
pharmacies and/or practice management groups. Oversees Contract
- Directs collection of monthly statistical data as required for
reports on pharmacy operations (e.g. inventory, staffing, billings,
- Coordinates Pharmacy in-service programs, ensures ongoing
communication among care staff members, interprets nursing
component of care plan, communicates technology updates to
appropriate staff members and develops local pharmacy
- Monitors customer satisfaction trends to identify areas for
improvement, resolves client grievances in collaboration with
pharmacy, nursing, management and corporate staff and makes
recommendations for improvement to General Manager.
- Participates in product evaluation activities by testing new
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Pharmacy, Health Care
Administration, Business, Marketing or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years health care experience, including one
(1) year in a managerial role, is generally required
- Broad knowledge of home infusion, pharmacy and nursing
regulations and administration required
- Excellent organization and communications skills
- Licensed and in good standing with the Board of Pharmacy in the
state of practice
- Accuracy in mathematical calculations, including
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work on-call evenings and
weekends on an as-scheduled basis
- Current valid driver's license and proof of current automobile
insuranceAbout our Line of Business: Amerita is a specialty
infusion company focused on providing complex pharmaceutical
products and clinical services to patients outside of the hospital.
Committed to excellent service, our vision is to combine the
administrative efficiencies of a large organization with the
flexibility, responsiveness and entrepreneurial spirit of a local
provider. For more information about Amerita, please visit
www.ameritaiv.com. Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Keywords: Amerita, Chattanooga , PHARMACY OPERATIONS MANAGER- INFUSION PHARMACY, Executive , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!