MONITORING, EVALUATION & LEARNING MANAGER - REMOTE
Posted on: September 24, 2022
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and
creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in.
To start a career that is out of the ordinary, please apply...JOB
DETAILSKantar's Development Practice works with governments and
development organizations seeking to address sophisticated
development challenges from health, sanitation and education to
agriculture, market systems and gender equality. Our work strives
to improve the design, implementation and impact of programs and
policies through high-quality and inspiring research, evaluation,
and consultancy.We bring solid contextual insight from our local
specialist teams and deep experience across Africa, the Middle
East, South and Southeast Asia. We draw on a broad set of classic
and innovative methodologies and marry public and private sector
techniques, delivering global best-practice and cost-effectiveness
to our clients. Join Kantar Public, a division of Kantar, and a
distributed team of 20,000+ colleagues with 12 world leading
research, data, and insight
Kantar Development Practice Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
Manager (MEL) will support our MEL Hub, working under the
supervision of our MEL Director, and will provide quantitative
evaluation and survey expertise, technical oversight, and strategic
support for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities on
current projects as well as future USAID and other USG
globally-funded initiatives. They will support the quantitative
design, training, implementation, analysis, and reporting functions
of MEL projects; as a client liaison, supplier manager, trainer,
and mentor to internal and external teams. They may offer technical
leadership and asked to craft and implement outstanding evaluations
and surveys to provide effective, accurate, and timely M&E
results across all activities.They will lead other team members,
ensuring high quality, timely management of budgets and workplans
and bringing lessons learned from across MEL projects to
continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes. The MEL
Manager will work across Kantar Public; collaborating and
supporting clients, partners, and team members in brainstorming
sessions, induction, implementation and analysis. They will
document and communicate successes and marketing strategies through
approved channels.We're seeking solid technical expertise and
programmatic skills with excellence in data quality; program
growth, fiscal management, while also sharing insightful,
significant, and consultative results. They will collect, position
and submit stellar proposals and bring survey sampling, insight
design, analytical vision, and technical leadership to the team.A
passport and capacity to travel up to 40% is a precondition to
hiring given the need to build local capacity and training
in-countries of application.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a MEL Hub Manager, providing technical support across
quantitative evaluation methodologies and surveys and advice to the
US Government, UN agencies, philanthropic clients (BMGF), various
other domestic government and non-government collaborators, and
global private sector clients.
- Oversee quantitative design, methodology, implementation,
analysis and evaluation of program strategies and activities, with
experience in impact and performance evaluation, survey design, and
- Oversee large-scale survey design and implementation, including
sampling design, training, data collection, analysis, and
- Craft and administer the implementation of projects, work
plans, budgets, and pricing in fulfillment of development practice
work streams and projects.
- Partner closely with Kantar's external consultants and
in-country technical authorities to ensure strength of bench across
all key sectors of interest.
- Create high quality, insightful and analytical reports for
clients and ensure results meet client, partner, contract, and
Kantar quality standards.
- Possess excellent communication and diplomacy skills and have a
track record to establish and maintain interpersonal and
professional relationships with USAID, host-country counterparts,
and partners such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a quality database(s) of
project indicators and activities.
- Ensure data quality verification procedures are in place and
aligned with project directors and/or clients.
- Develop strategy, workplans, and budget data for quarterly,
semi-annual, and annual reports.
- Promote lessons learned and successes among the project team,
collaborators, and clients.
- Mentor and train junior team members.BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT:
- In partnership with BD Director, discover opportunities and
craft strategies to optimize results through collection,
positioning, collaborating, solid writing and sound budgets.
- Provide critical input into weekly meetings and lead as
- Augment databases to grow and service future MEL frameworks for
consultants, sectoral and technical authorities, data collection
partners and analytical talent.
- Develop sophisticated financial and technical skills to deliver
on client objectives and provide strategic solutions that stimulate
client interest and funding.
- Lead and author timely technical and financial proposals.
- Support local communications strategy and input into Kantar
Public development practice MEL trainings webinars, seminars, and
- Co-author technical papers, briefing papers, thought pieces
(e.g., Public Journal), and website content.
- Represent Kantar Public's Development Practice, at global,
regional, national, and sub-national MEL events, client and
collaborator meetings, brainstorming sessions, team member events,
and other fundraising activities, as speaker, spokesperson,
presenter, or panelist.
- Ensure high quality program monitoring, evaluation, reporting,
presentations, and communications.ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stay ahead of and share updates on domestic and international
development issues to advance MEL knowledge.
- Provide strategic input to shape culturally critical and
innovative MEL research methodologies and solutions
- Proficient in analytical frameworks, tools, and software (SPSS)
survey sampling, data delivery, infographics
- Champion Kantar principles and policies with a growth
mindsetQUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SPECIALITY SKILLS)
- Bachelor's degree and a Master's degree in the international
development sector; economics, sociology, political science, or
related field or MBA/MPA (master's in Business/Public Admin),
Masters in International Development (MIA), and/or MPH (Public
Health) with international development focus.
- This position requires all candidates to have supported single
or multi-country MEL projects and have in-country experience, for
projects funded by USAID and other multi-lateral or bilateral
donors globally over the last 4 years.
- Experience in conducting research amongst hard to reach and
marginalized populations and thoughtfully navigate language and
- Three years supporting and/or leading USAID global business
- Sophisticated problem-solving ability in keeping projects on
time, in scope, on budget.
- Exemplary written and presenting skills with confidence.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) and fluency in other
languages dialects also desirable
- Solid background collaborating with specialists on
multi-country, mixed methodology projects.
- Referenceable project management skills.
- Proficient with analytical software.
- Expertise in quantitative evaluation design, including
randomized controlled trials and quasi-experimental design.
- Knowledge of qualitative evaluation techniques.
- Experience leading international development evaluation tasks
- Sophisticated understanding of international development survey
research and sampling.BENEFITSWe provide a comprehensive, highly
competitive benefits package, including:
- Medial plans with comprehensive, affordable coverage for a
range of health services
- Health Savings Account/FSA
- Dental, Vision and benefits to cover unique healthcare
- Wellness Program
- 401k with matching
- Tuition Reimbursement, Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTOPRIVACY DISCLOSURE:Please note that by applying to
this opportunity you consent to the personal data you provide to us
to be processed and retained by The Kantar Group Limited
("Kantar"). Your details will be kept on our Internal ATS
(Applicant Tracking System) for as long as is necessary for the
purposes of recruitment, which may include your details being
shared with the hiring manager.KANTAR REWARDS STATEMENTAt Kantar we
have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a
simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps
to ensure we are market competitiveand alsoto support a pay for
performance culture, where your reward and career progression
opportunities are linked to what you deliver.We go beyond the
obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new
thinking and shape the world we live in. Apply for a career that's
out of the ordinary and join us.We want to create an equality of
opportunity in a fair and supportive working environment where
people feel included, accepted and are allowed to flourish in a
space where their mental health andwell beingis taken into
consideration.We want to create a more diverse community to expand
our talent pool, be locally representative, drive diversity of
thinking and better commercial outcomes.Kantar is the world's
leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more
about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than
anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with
advanced technologies, Kantar's 30,000 people help the world's
leading organisations succeed and grow.
Keywords: Kantar, Chattanooga , MONITORING, EVALUATION & LEARNING MANAGER - REMOTE, Executive , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!