Front End Manager
Company: Fresh n Low
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote and maintain efficient and courteous service to
customers at all times to ensure that "No more than two customers
waiting in line" policy is always followed.
- Supervise and monitor the total functions of the front
- Supervise and monitor all cashiers, courtesy clerks, and fuel
- Supervise and monitor the computer room operator and coordinate
- Maintain security of safe and change funds.
- Count safe during scheduled shifts.
- Know and enforce security policies and procedures for store
safes. Keep safes locked at all times.
- Accountable for security of all safe combinations, keys, and
numbers entrusted to you at all times.
- See that all cash, deposits and pick-ups are properly
- Cash and approve checks and monitor check cashing and tendering
procedure making sure they are correctly followed.
- Promote use of ValuCard.
- Monitor and enforce coupon handling procedures.
- Monitor supply usage.
- Promote and maintain good housekeeping on the front end
- Clean check stands
- Clean store fronts (inside and out)
- Keep shopping carts clean and litter free
- Keep parking lot free of debris and stray shopping carts
- Keep adequate number of shopping carts on front end at all
- Know and enforce company dress code policies including proper
use of name tags.
- Ensure that all funds are maintained and secured.
- Follow all policies and procedures regarding any and all rental
- Know, follow, and enforce all state and local laws, as well as
company policies and procedures regarding the sale of alcoholic
beverages, tobacco products, and any other age restricted
- Know, follow and enforce all federal and state laws and company
procedures regarding WIC and processing of EWIC.
- Maintain and enforce all policies and procedures for Charge
Accounts, Debit/Credit/EFS/EBT/Gift Cards/EWIC/Tax Exempt.
- Assist in maintaining the proper inventory levels of all items
for sale in customer service area and candy racks.
- Follow and enforce proper procedures for handling two-party
checks and authorized payroll check procedures including check
- Follow and enforce all policies and proper procedures on
banking and armored car services.
- Follow proper procedures for the sale of Money Transfers, Money
Orders, Postage Stamps, Coin Machines, Hunting and Fishing License,
Rentals, Promotional Tickets and Lottery/Lotto tickets.
- Ensure that all front end associates take all breaks and
lunches as scheduled.
- Verify all funds received from bank in accordance with company
policies and procedures or armored car services.
- Answer and facilitate all incoming phone calls.
- Know, follow, and enforce all company policies regarding child
- Assist in giving produce tests to authorized cash register
operators on weekly basis.
- Assist in keeping checkout lines moving as fast as
- Assist cashiers in unloading the bottom of shopping carts.
- Know, follow, and enforce all anti-money laundering (AML)
policies and money service business (MSB) compliance.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to meet standard Physical and Mental demands
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and/or written
instructions, perform routine and repetitive tasks and have
constant contact/interaction with various levels of individuals on
a daily basis
- Ability to attend on-site work during scheduled shifts to
adhere to company time and attendance policies
?Benefits of working for Food City:
401(k) with company match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Weekly
Pay Checks with Direct Deposit, Company paid Life and Disability
Insurance, Medical Plan with wellness benefits, Dental Plan, Paid
Holidays, Paid Vacations, Associate Offers, and so much more!
About Food City:
Food City is a privately held, family-owned company with a driving
mission to 'run the best store in town.' Dedicated to giving back
to the communities we serve, we encourage our associates to get
involved with their local civic organizations. We consider our
associates to be our greatest asset. Over 13% of the company is
currently owned by our associates through our employee stock
ownership plan, promoting tremendous pride in the services and
products we provide. Whether your passion is baking, accounting, or
trucking, Food City has a promising career opportunity for you. We
offer flexible schedules to ensure our associates have ample time
to spend with family and friends. If you're looking for a great
career or the opportunity to try something different, consider
becoming part of the Food City family.
Keywords: Fresh n Low, Chattanooga , Front End Manager, Executive , Chatsworth, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!