Manager, Production Control (Chatt - Jerome Ave)
Company: Astec (Chatt - Jerome Ave)
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Job DescriptionABOUT THE POSITIONPlans, directs, and coordinates
activities of Production Control personnel engaged in expediting
flow of material, parts and assemblies within or between
departments of an industrial plant and schedules production
operations by performing the following duties personally or through
- Manage all inventory levels.
- Ensure all production stays on schedule.
- Set the standard and model the safety behaviors and quality
practices expected of your associates.
- Engage with Sales and Purchasing to ensure alignment on supply
or volume changes that impact customer delivery.
- Maintain accurate reports.Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Evaluates written data such as job orders, product
specifications and operations sheets, parts and materials inventory
lists, and machine and worker production rates to establish
efficient allocation and scheduling of parts, materials, machines
and sequences of operations and workflow.
- Determines what equipment will be used to produce products and
whether new equipment should be purchased.
- Monitors production run to ensure that it stays on schedule,
confers with production personnel to resolve problems affecting
production schedules and corrects any problems that may arise.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness and
conformance to policies and procedures.
- Changes production levels and staffing on different product
lines to minimize inventory levels and more quickly react to
changing customer demands.
- Ensures products are produced on time and within budget.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of
subordinates and implements LEAN manufacturing philosophies
- Monitors product standards and implements quality control
programs to ensure quality standards are met and resolves problems
where they exist.
- Works with suppliers/vendors to improve quality when
- Communicates and works closely with individuals at all levels
within the organization to implement company's policies, goals,
budgets, and spending plans.
- Communicates with purchasing department to ensure that
inventory is maintained for production to proceed without
interruption to prevent slowdowns and failure to meet production
- Prepares composite reports from individual reports of
- Adjusts errors and complaints.
- Communicates with individuals at all levels within the
- Documents assigned tasks as required.
- Performs work according to supervisor's directives when
- Follows and actively supports all company policies and
procedures, to include a primary emphasis on safe operations.
- Follows Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity
program guidelines at all times.
- Follows proper safety procedures at all times.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required.To be
successful in this role, your experience and competencies are:
- Minimum of Associate degree (AA, AES or AS) or equivalent from
two-year college or technical school preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of production control experience with
a background in scheduling and inventory control required.
- Must be proficient with personal computer. Strong Excel skills
with focus on ability to create multiple or combined formulas to
sort data required.
- Ability to accurately read and understand production blueprints
- Knowledge of engineering systems of symbols, legends, shadings
and lines required.
- Knowledge of fabrication, machining and assembly functions
- Training and/or experience in using AutoCAD or similar CAD
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
writing, with inter-company personnel at all levels
- Must have good organization skills and be able to handle
multiple tasks in a high stress environment
- Must possess strong computer skills and be proficient with
Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must have good knowledge of ERP/MRP systems, experience with
EPICOR and/or Oracle is preferableSupervisor and Leadership
ExpectationsIs responsible for the overall direction and
coordination of the Production Control Department. Directly
supervises two (2) to six (6) non-supervisory employees in the
Production Control Department to include but not limited to
Production Scheduler(s) and Production Control Coordinator(s).
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.Our Culture and
ValuesEmployees that become part of Astec embody the values below
throughout their work.
- Continuous devotion to meeting the needs of our customers
- Honesty and integrity in all aspects of business
- Respect for all individuals
- Preserving entrepreneurial spirit and innovation
- Safety, quality and productivity as means to ensure
successNOTE: This position responsible for certain internal control
responsibilities. These internal control responsibilities are
verbally communicated to the incumbent and periodic feedback is
provided as it relates to the performance of these internal control
responsibilities.WORK ENVIRONMENTManufacturing EnvironmentShop
manufacturing environment exposures include exposure to moving
mechanical parts, machinery, tools and equipment, vibration, fumes
or airborne particles, motorized vehicles, welding and machining
operations, outside weather conditions and exposure to the risk of
electric shock. The employee may occasionally be exposed to varying
levels of dirt, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals, very warm and/or
very chilly temperatures. The noise level in the shop can be very
loud at times consistent with an industrial assembly facility and
may require hearing protection. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERAs an Equal
Opportunity Employer, Astec does not discriminate on the basis of
race, creed, color, religion, gender (sex), sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age,
disability, citizenship status, a person's veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law or executive order.
Keywords: Astec (Chatt - Jerome Ave), Chattanooga , Manager, Production Control (Chatt - Jerome Ave), Executive , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!