Regional Quality Director
Company: Gestamp North America
Posted on: April 8, 2021
JOB SUMMARY:To ensure the establishment and implementation of a
Regional quality management process applied consistently across all
businesses and functions in the Americas Region. This role will
coordinate with cross functional team members in developing,
implementing and maintaining the process that impact quality
metrics and compliance to business, OEM and Regulatory
requirements. **This position can be located at our manufacturing
facility in South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee or at our North
American Corporate Headquarters in Troy, Michigan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for leadership and execution of the annual
Divisional Quality targets established for the plant (concerns,
PPM, CNQ, QOS, OEM scorecard, Talent development and
- Lead the quality operational improvement actions in the
America's region through key initiatives founded on - Built in
Quality (BiQ), Production Excellence (PrE), OEM/External Audits,
RPN improvements, Not Right First Time (NRFT) & Cost of Non Quality
- Drive management and performance reviews on quality objectives
with clear actions and accountability.
- Support the development, implementation of the regional Quality
Strategy, Actions, KPI and dashboards, that meet OEM and business
- Maintain Customer (External and Internal) satisfaction through
score card reviews, Quality Improvement Plan (Go to Green - G2G)
development and actions follow-up at the regional level. Achieve
customer recognition and awards for product quality.
- Lead and coach on regional escalation using disciplined quality
concern problem solving including lessons learning deployment.
- Train and develop Quality Managers and Engineers to build
quality improvement plans and ensure a culture of Continuous
Improvement (C.I.) within the manufacturing plant across
- Build and develop quality engineering and leadership talent at
site and regional levels. Set, monitor and improve clear
- Manage plant Quality System to include coordination and
execution of the Concern Management Process (including lead
responsibility for complex problem solving where necessary).
- Develops and implements new site-specific Level III & Level IV
procedures to continuously improve plant QOS.
- Monitor the health of the quality system in the region through
internal quality system audits, OEM audits, GQS, Master Control
Plan, VDA and external TS/ ISO audits.
- Conduct audits and coach improvements of plant activities &
execution of identified Continuous Improvement (C.I.)
- Responsible for implementation of necessary resource & training
within the plant QA area to support plant QOS, Manufacturing
Engineering and Customer requirements.
- Provides technical assistance & support to Advanced Quality &
Program Launch Managers new programs and change management.
- Support the development and implementation of Special
Characteristics Management processes, including process control and
- Involve in special projects that are driven by customer,
business and other identified gaps in quality system or
organization structure - CNQ, new technologies, AIAG and VDA core
tools training and deployment, awards and recognition.
- Develop alliance with industry and academia for Metrology,
Metallurgy, Quality Engineering.
- Enhance Technology - Data Collection, Communication,
Measurement, Analysis & Reporting.
- Lead and support regional data analysis, consolidation,
reporting, action plans and follow-up.
- Support in the training and implementation of quality related
IT systems, such as IBS, i-share, etc.
- Lead the sharing and application of lessons learned from global
customer activities across Gestamp group.
- Travel to customer, Gestamp manufacturing and supplier
locations to enhance relationships and or resolve issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in an automotive quality
engineering environment with focus in Quality Assurance.
- ASQC Certified Quality Engineer or Manager strongly
- Operational experience relevant to the customer and a track
record of achieving customer satisfaction.
- Experience of customer application engineering and extended
customer contact - Ford, GM, FCA, VW, BMW, Honda, Nissan,
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication
- Computer Skills (MS Word, Excel, MS Project, MfgPro,
- Application of QMS tools and techniques (APQP, FMEA, inspection
- Excellent Communication, presentation and influencing
- Analytical and Problem Solving Ability.
- Strong Knowledge of Quality Systems.
- Good Data Analysis & Auditing skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to the principles of satisfaction for
customers as a business driver through Product quality.
- Capability to define and implement plans to satisfy customer
- Capability to use technology and information systems to
accomplish agreed deliverables.
- Understands the standards for the dissemination and protection
of supplier sensitive data.
- Understands the nature of confidential information and how to
- Understands the appropriate business processes and management
systems and has skills to follow them.
- Training in quality engineering practices and standards for
quality management systems (ISO/TS 16949, VDA, EFQM etc.).
- English is essential, Spanish and/or Portuguese desirable.
Keywords: Gestamp North America, Chattanooga , Regional Quality Director, Executive , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!