Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Company: Mueller Water Products
Posted on: April 8, 2021
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager position for Chattanooga
Operations is a pivotal position with the priority of successfully
driving the operations to improved Safety, Housekeeping, Quality,
Delivery, Inventory, and Productivity results in support of company
objectives in accordance with Mueller Company Enterprise
Performance System. This position reports directly to the Plant
Manufacturing Manager. --ROLE PURPOSE:
- Create safety awareness by actively observing, auditing, and
coaching safe work behaviors and conditions. Ensure compliance with
Company Policies, Safety and Health Programs, safety and
environmental rules and regulations as well as housekeeping
- Maintain the daily operations to assure customer specifications
- Direct, lead, and execute the long and short term engineering
strategies to ensure sustainable results that meet or exceed
financial and operational targets.
- Manage operations to meet or exceed planned budgets.
- Plan, manage and direct manufacturing engineering activities to
achieve production, quality, scrap and safety goals.
- Enforce established work rules and operating policies
consistent with the Company's vision and mission.
- Ensure proper execution of policies and procedures within areas
- Oversee and coordinate all engineering support for production
department activities to meet quality standards and production
- Ensure utilization of machines, materials and manpower to the
best interest of the Chattanooga facility.
- Assist the Plant Controller in the formulation and
establishment of realistic annual budgets for all departments to
meet established budgets.
- Ensure the operations meets its monthly safety, delivery,
quality, production, inventory and financial metrics. KEY
- Actively participate in the Strategy Deployment process.--
- Develop a high performing, data driven culture that deploys
lean enterprise techniques to target and drive continuous
improvement in every function and aspect of the business.
- Partner with the Human Resource team to link individual
performance with the achievement of organizational goals. Conduct
performance appraisals for--all direct reports.
- Track and leverage manpower to drive optimal productivity.
- Optimize machining and inventory in support of JIT (just in
- Assist staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training
employees; developing personal growth opportunities.--
- Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting
processing variables; observing control points and equipment;
monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing
cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems;
facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control
points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and
- Maintain working relationship with the union by following the
terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Maintain the machining operations in a safe, neat and orderly
manner by promoting good housekeeping and safety policies.
- Prepare and monitor daily and weekly engineering support across
each shift. Monitor and assure proper staffing of trained technical
personnel in all key operational areas of the manufacturing
engineering department; immediately apprise the plant manager of
any significant quality or productivity problems to assure
immediate corrective action.
- Perform in a leadership role in implementing the policies and
directions of the manufacturing manager as well as Company policies
and goals for production, quality, efficiency and safety.
- In coordination with production control, quality control and
purchasing personnel, achieve perform-to-schedule goals. Work with
maintenance and human resources personnel, within specific
directions by the manufacturing manager, to achieve maximum
production and staffing "up-time" consistent with trained manpower
and equipment availability.
- Participate in quality and safety reviews and audits to
maintain and improve the ISO-9002 implementation of work procedures
and policies. Advise the manufacturing manager of challenges,
problems, improvements, ideas and opportunities that are fostered
by salaried and hourly workers.
- Works with human resources personnel, under the direction of
the plant manager, to understand and effectively relate to the
union contract so as to maximize productivity and minimize
disruptions to production while fulfilling all company commitments
contained in the union contract in a fair and professional manner.
- Ability to build a performance-based culture focused on
enhancing the customer value proposition supported by process
discipline and measurement systems.
- Behavior and experience demonstrated with results for:
- Leadership style supportive of team and group communication and
relationships with peers and customers.
- Superior written and verbal presentation skills.
- Leadership by example via energy level, diligence,
aggressiveness, and overall work ethic.
- Ability to work within a high velocity, autonomous and
demanding business culture.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and
business ethics and conduct.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and outside
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and determine priorities
- 10+ years' experience in manufacturing environment involving
high speed machining operations
- Strong working knowledge and experience in Lean manufacturing,
Six Sigma tools
- Knowledge of automation and robotic applications
- Knowledge dealing with complex manufacturing situations,
- Experience/familiarity with machine simulation software
- Ability to maintain and take ownership of industry compliance
and related duties.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with varied machining
processes and tools
- Knowledge of fixture and work holding design/fabrication
- Knowledge of paint systems and processes (paint and prep
processes) is a plus Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial
- Professional certifications would be beneficial.
- Operations experience in a high-volume environment with a Union
work force is preferred
- Must have strong work ethic, outgoing and assertive
personality, and must have excellent team-building skills with
subordinates as well as with peers. Professional PC literacy skills
in MS Word and Excel are required. Personal hands-on experience
with manufacturing operations We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard
to sexual orientation, race, color, age, disability, religion,
national origin, citizenship status--and creed. Posted 19 Days Ago
Full time R1282 About Us Mueller Water Products is Where
Intelligence Meets Infrastructure--
Mueller Water Products, Inc., (NYSE:MWA) is a leading manufacturer
and marketer of products and services used in the transmission,
distribution and measurement of water in North America. Our broad
product and service portfolio includes engineered valves, fire
hydrants, metering products and systems, leak detection and pipe
condition assessment. We help municipalities increase operational
efficiencies, improve customer service and prioritize capital
spending, demonstrating why Mueller Water Products is Where
Intelligence Meets Infrastructure--. When you invest in water
infrastructure, smart really matters, from the products themselves
to the people behind them. Using rock solid materials and
ground-breaking technology, our products and services are designed
and engineered for the long run. That means lasting value for the
communities and contractors who choose solutions offered by the
Mueller Water Products group of companies - value that ultimately
can translate into cost savings. Plus, our people know the industry
inside and out, and will be there whenever you need us.
Keywords: Mueller Water Products, Chattanooga , Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Executive , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!