Diesel Mechanic - Maintenance Technician - Experienced- $2,000 Sign on
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: February 15, 2019
About UsRepublic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic?s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We?ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World?s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation?s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.Job DescriptionRepublic Services is looking for ambitious, capable and skilled Diesel Mechanics - Maintenance Technicians to join our network of over 32,000 employees serving 14 million customers and over 2,700 communities across the United States. With direct supervision from a Lead Technician, Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, a Technician B performs repair and maintenance work on diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks including, but not limited to, chassis components, vehicle refuse bodies and control systems, hydraulic electrical, air brake systems, general engine work, HVAC components, suspension, drive train and steering systems. A Technician B may also perform basic tire work, such as replacement, tire rotation, and tread depth checks.Enjoy the benefits of working on a single fleet with state-of-the-art equipment, supporting our drivers as they run their routes and servicing some of the most technically advanced vehicles on the road.
- Tackle a new challenge every day ?? Maintain and repair highly intricate and powerful machinery ?? Receive training on new technologies and equipment
- Work a regular shift in a stable industry
- Be recognized for exceptional performance
- Serve your community and your customers
- Follow strong career paths for professional growth
- Enjoy competitive wages and benefits
Join us and help make a positive impact on your community, your environment and your world.Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesPreferred QualificationsPrincipal Responsibilities
- Maintains a working knowledge of, and moderate skill proficiency in, the following vehicle components and systems, with the ability to perform preventative and repair maintenance functions, both on-site and on the road:
- Chassis component repair and maintenance;
- Refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic and electrical systems; and air and hydraulic braking systems;
- Engine repair and maintenance;
- Suspension, drivetrain and steering systems; and
- Heating and air conditioning.
- Performs line maintenance welding and fabrication.
- Safely provides road service when necessary to ensure that the Company?s equipment is returned to operation in a safe and efficient manner.
- Identifies the source of the malfunctions using a variety of electronic tools.
- Completes applicable Company training programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.Qualifications
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a technician position demonstrating knowledge of both gasoline and diesel powered equipment diagnosis and repair or will be graduating from an accredited automotive college or technical school within the next 3 months.
- Ability to perform basic inspections with limited supervision in some (not all required) of the following heavy truck, or automotive systems: Suspensions & Steering; General Engine, Transmissions, Brakes, Electrical, Hydraulics, Drive Train, Diesel Emissions.
- Basic understanding of work order labor time standards.
- Prior experience with, or knowledge of, maintenance work to be performed on Classes 1-5 light/medium duty and heavy-duty Class 7-8 trucks, aircraft, or ships.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications (T1-T8) are a plus but not required.
- Commercial Driver?s License is a plus but not required.Rewarding Compensation and BenefitsEligible employees can elect to participate in:
? Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
? Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
? Short- and long-term disability.
? Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
? Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
? Employee discount programs.
? 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
? Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14 million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers.Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices; community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve customers and preserve the planet.
Keywords: Republic Services, Chattanooga , Diesel Mechanic - Maintenance Technician - Experienced- $2,000 Sign on, Engineering , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!