CIVIL ENGINEERING STAFF PROFESSIONAL
Company: S&ME, Inc.
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Position: Civil Engineering Staff Professional Requisition Number: 2-06 S&ME, Inc., a leading design, engineering, environmental and multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to their clients with innovative, sustainable solutions, is seeking a Civil Engineering candidate for a Staff Professional position with strengths in water, wastewater and stormwater design and construction project experience in the Eastern Tennessee. This position can be based out of either our Knoxville, Chattanooga or Murfressboro location. The ideal Candidate will have the ability to "hit the ground running" providing technical support on water, wastewater or stormwater projects. Responsibilities:
- Preparation of due diligence/site analysis;
- Preparing engineering or technical computations and preparing design solutions;
- Preparation of conceptual/schematic site plans including layout, grading and drainage plans, earthwork calculations, stormwater management, and utility plans;
- Preparation of construction documents including demolition plans, layout plans, erosion control plans, grading and drainage plans, stormwater management, utilities, site details, transportation improvements, and project cost estimates/analysis, etc.;
- Preparation of reports;
- Field data collection and characterization;
- Observation of construction or site work. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field is required.
- 0-1 years of relevant experience in a related field is preferred.
- EIT (Engineer in Training) License is preferred or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Personable and able to communicate with people at all levels.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Hydraulic Modeling software with the ability to learn commercial software applications.
- Must be a self-starter, resourceful, with the ability to work independently on multiple projects with support and guidance of senior staff.
- Commitment to deadlines and budgets with a positive attitude and excellent work ethic. To appy, go to and click on the "careers" and "career opportunities" link. This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites. No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted. An Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor 0 Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: S&ME, Inc., Chattanooga , CIVIL ENGINEERING STAFF PROFESSIONAL, Engineering , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!