Mechanical Design Engineer
Company: MSi Workforce Solutions
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Duration: 12 months
Location: Mossville, IL
Position's Contributions to Work Group:
- Design & Product Development Support for Fluid Systems Engineering Team
Typical task breakdown:
- Prepares concept, design, development, and feasibility studies of complex engineering projects working with suppliers to develop design concepts.
- Prepares development plans and is responsible for meeting scheduled dates.
- Conducts technical evaluations of major systems on competitive products.
- Coordinates product tests with prove design and prototype build up and test areas.
- Evaluates, defines, and resolves design and manufacturing problems.
- Uses technical expertise and product knowledge in the problem resolution process when interfacing with Test and Evaluation, Service, Plant personnel, suppliers, and consultants.
- Keeps abreast of latest technological advancements and prepares design concepts and develops unique product design features.
Interaction with team:
- In-Person Meetings, Informal/Ad-Hoc Office Interactions, Teams (Online Meetings (video & phone)
- Office & Engine Lab Environment
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering w/ 5 - 7 Years of Full-Time Professional Experience
- College Projects, Master's Thesis Projects & Internships Are Not Qualifiers for Full-Time Professional Experience & will be Immediately Client-Qualified
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude & Ability to Develop Product Concepts
- Demonstrated Leadership of Taking a Product from Design Concept to Production
- Fully Proficient in CAD Design (Modelling & Detailing) w/ Creo, Pro/E
- Simulation Led Design Experience (Ansys Toolkit, FEA, CFD, etc.) w/ Ability to Quickly Iterate Design Concepts Based on Analytical Results
- Fully Proficient w/ Microsoft Office Suite of Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
- Project & Task Management w/ Ability to Define & Execute to Project Priority
- Fully Accountable for Self & Tasks Assigned
- Demonstrated as an Independent Worker / Independent Thinker
- Outstanding Analytical, Organizational, Time Management & Communication (Written & Oral) Skills are absolute requirements.
- Ability to Work in Team Environment, w/ Clear Communication of Technical Information & Development Progress to Team Lead is Critical
Travel Requirement: 0-25%
On-Site Interview Required: No
Export Control Requirements: Yes
The candidate needs to have a bachelor's/master's degree and 5-7 years' experience with CAD Design (Modelling & Detailing) w/ Creo, Pro/E and Simulation design (Ansys Toolkit, FEA, CFD, etc.)
Keywords: MSi Workforce Solutions, Chattanooga , Mechanical Design Engineer, Engineering , Chattanooga, Tennessee
here to apply!