HVAC Service Technician
Company: Hoffman & Hoffman
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Job Title: HVAC Service Technician
Company: Hoffman Mechanical Solutions
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt (Eligible for overtime)
Reports To: Service Manager or Manager of Technical Operations
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday- based on customer needs
Locations: Knoxville, TN
Position Purpose: The primary purpose of this HVAC Service
Technician is to provide preventative maintenance, start-up,
warranty, and repair services on light commercial and industrial
air conditioning equipment. Strong emphasis on customer service.
This position may occasionally involve after hour call outs in
order to provide emergency repairs.
Hoffman Mechanical Solutions, Inc. is a company focused on being #1
in the HVAC industry in providing the most innovative HVAC
solutions through superior design and customer service.
HVAC Service Technician Essential Duties and
- Service a variety of HVAC products and equipment and ensure
- Read and understand blueprints, equipment manuals, and
engineering specifications in order to properly diagnose and repair
- Use a variety of hand-tools and specialty equipment typical of
the commercial HVAC Service trade.
- Identify, analyze, diagnose, and repair systems and products at
- Survey customer site for properly operating equipment and
report any deficiencies found. Provide sales leads to internal
associates as necessary.
- Perform preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement,
and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Prepare in advance for on-site installation and repairs by
examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering
materials, and coordinating various trades for on-site work.
- Diagnose/troubleshoot inoperable equipment and develop action
plan for repairs and problem resolution.
- Determine replacement parts required, secure materials, and
complete repairs on a timely basis. Return any non-used or
refundable parts for credit.
- Interact face to face with customers to ensure proper and
accurate communications exist.
- Document all work performed by accurately completing field
service reports, equipment log sheets, etc.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a timely
- Operate and be diligent in properly caring for and maintaining
a company vehicle.
- Provide technical support to customers.
- Flexible to work overtime/weekends as necessary in order to
meet customer requirements.
- Limited travel required but may include occasional overnight
- Stay informed on industry news and trends, products, services,
competitors and relevant information about existing and emerging
technologies, and the latest product-line developments. Attend
company training seminars to become familiar with product
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner as a positive
representative of the company both to the customer and public.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
Knowledge / Experience / Critical Skills
- Education/Experience - Associate's Degree or equivalent from a
Technical / Trade School with a certificate in Heating,
Ventilation, and Air Conditioning.
- Minimum of Five (5) years related experience preferred.
- Operational knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office
- Ability to read, comprehend, and write simple instructions and
short correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in
one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole number, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages. Ability to
understand data presented in a graphical format such as pie charts,
bar graphs, etc.
- Ability to recognize problems and develop the most cost
effective solution. Ability to collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Must pass pre-hire requirements including background check,
motor vehicle report, and drug screening.
- Must possess valid drivers' license.
- Must possess EPA mandated card for safe refrigerant handling.
Universal certification preferred. Physical Demands
- In order to properly perform the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand, use hands in order to
finger/grasp/handle/feel, talk, and hear. The employee frequently
is required to walk, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. The
employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must
regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or
move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75
pounds. This positions requires close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability
to adjust focus.
- This position requires frequent working outdoors, inside
mechanical/equipment rooms, and possible extreme weather
conditions. This position is regularly exposed to live voltage,
moving mechanical parts, and heavy equipment. Frequent exposure to
wet and/or humid conditions, elevated and/or precarious work
places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions,
risk of electrical shock and vibration. Occasional exposure to
toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The
noise level in the work environment is typically loud.
This job description is intended to provide information regarding
the essential functions and basic duties of this position. It is
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
functions, responsibilities, skills and duties that could be
assigned. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by
management as it deems appropriate. This document does not
constitute a contract and is subject to change at the discretion of
Hoffman Mechanical Solutions, Inc.
No phone calls or drop-ins, please.
Keywords: Hoffman & Hoffman, Chattanooga , HVAC Service Technician, Engineering , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...