Company: Signal Energy Constructors
Posted on: March 20, 2023
The Performance Engineer will work on performance engineering
activities on projects of varying size and location. Performance
Engineer will have knowledge of PV system design and equipment,
experience with PV energy models, data analysis and visualization
skills, and a strong ability to think critically and problem solve.
They may have the opportunity to contribute to open source
- Live Signal Energy's core principles to achieve preferred
selection by our customers by continually improving processes,
products and services to ensure Signal Energy consistently meets or
exceeds customer requirements.
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of people including
Signal colleagues from all departments, clients, sub-contractors,
and other stakeholders.
- Guide and review energy modelling assumptions and ensure that
energy models are aligned with performance tests.
- Update energy models for use in performance testing.
- Review design documentation (drawings and specifications) to
ensure that location and installation details for meteorological
instruments will result in accurate measurements.
- Maintain integration tests to understand if new versions of
energy modelling tools (PVsyst, SAM, etc) affect energy production
results and assist PreConstruction teams with construction bid
- Write performance test plans as needed to support contract
review or as contract deliverables.
- Conduct data quality reviews of DAS/SCADA data in close
coordination with commissioning managers to identify and resolve
- Use internal company tools and workflows to efficiently extract
data from a wide range of DAS/SCADA systems including AlsoEnergy,
LocusNOC, GPM, NorCal SCADA Solutions, InAccess, and others.
- Use internal company tools and workflows to conduct performance
acceptance tests following relevant industry standards as required
by contract testing exhibits.
- Use internal company tools and workflows to conduct
availability tests as required by contract testing standards.
- Support commissioning managers in data processing tasks as
- Generate performance test reports in support of project
- Productively engage with clients and client representatives
including owner's engineers and independent engineers to discuss
performance testing processes, test procedures, and results.
- Foster a collaborative and trusting relationship with all
stakeholders during the performance testing process.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of PV performance and modelling
topics through conference attendance and participation. Required
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Strong communication skills: The ability to communicate
performance testing processes and results is critical.
- Passion for learning and problem solving.
- PV Energy modelling - PVsyst and SAM
- Strong data processing and visualization skills - advanced
Excel knowledge and willingness to learn Python and use Python
- Exposure to programming
- Knowledge of PV solar equipment including PV modules, combiner
boxes, solar trackers, inverters, DAS/SCADA equipment,
communications hardware, meteorological sensors, and how they
affect performance of the constructed plant. Preferred Knowledge/
- Familiarity with and understanding of test standards including
ASTM E2848, ASTM E2939, Performance Ratio tests, Energy tests, and
- Python programming experience, experience with pandas, numpy,
- Experience using the Anaconda distribution and/or the package
- Experience with command line interfaces / shells - bash, zsh,
- Experience with revision control (Git and Github)
- Experience using Procore Education/ Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in STEM field.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in the solar industry
- Experience in operations and construction within the solar
industry strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of solar power
Signal Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses
We are not accepting resumes from Third Party Recruiting Firms for
positions posted on our careers page. If you are an Agency or
Search firm representative, contact the Signal Energy Constructors
Talent Acquisition Manager directly at
email@example.com for consideration. Signal
Energy Constructors or its affiliates will not be responsible for
any fees arising from the use of resumes and online response forms
through this source. In addition, Signal Energy Constructors or its
affiliates will not be responsible for any fees on unsolicited
resumes that are submitted to any member of the Staffing or
Operations team. Signal Energy Constructors has established an
approved vendor program for this service, and will only consider
accepting submissions from those approved firms.
Keywords: Signal Energy Constructors, Chattanooga , Performance Engineer, Engineering , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...