Company: National Power, LLC
Posted on: March 18, 2023
National Power is accepting applications to fill a Generator
Service Technician opening in our Nashville, TN market. Under the
general direction of and reporting to the Telecom Service Manager,
the Generator Service Technician is responsible for maintenance and
repair of generator sets and other electrical equipment.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - -
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Perform various types and levels of maintenance and repair on
generators and parallel systems ranging from 5-5000kw.
Troubleshooting and repair of Automatic Transfer Switches, to
include bypass isolation, and closed transition types as well.
Repairs will include performing preventative maintenance service
(oil and filters), troubleshooting AC and DC circuits, removing and
replacing any and all components as necessary, performing warranty
work per manufacturer's guidelines, performing
start-up/commissioning on new generators and generator
- Perform diesel or gaseous engine troubleshooting and repair to
include but not limited to ignition components, injection systems,
valve adjustments etc.
- Perform load bank testing on generator(s) to ensure units are
in the proper operating conditions and meet applicable code
- Assist other technicians with large multi-person jobs, or
troubleshooting complicated issues.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma required; Associate degree in an
electrical/mechanical related field preferred.
- Current Generac Power Systems certification preferred
- US Air Force Electrical Power Production Specialist, US Navy
Electrician's Mate, or Generator and/or UPS field service
Skills and Other Qualifications
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to give
verbal/written reports of job status, repair recommendations,
- Must be able to account for time spent on jobs and travel.
- Must have an excellent driving record and have a valid driver's
license. The job WILL require driving long distances to job sites,
and overnight stays in hotels 1-3 nights (but not limited to) a
week may also be required. Company would cover costs of hotels and
provides a meal allowance per company guidelines.
- Must have good computer skills and be comfortable with
Microsoft software to include Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, and
Adobe (PDF's). -
- The technician would work from home and would ensure proper
vehicle maintenance is performed, required parts inventory is
maintained, ensure security of Company property to include cell
phone, laptop computer, specialty tools and any other item
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds
promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve
service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets
- Good problem-solving during emergency situations or situations
with limited resources.
- Training will be provided. The employee may be required to
attend training courses in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in addition to
other training as needed and required.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to
improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality and safety.Work
- The technician may be required to work in various weather
conditions (heat, rain, snow, high humidity, etc.)
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts.Physical Demands:
- Lifting and carrying heavy objects, up to 75lbs, will be
- Ascending or descending ladders, scaffolding, stairs, ramps and
the like using feet/legs and/or hands/arms.
- Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with
- Entering text or data into a computer or other machine by means
of a keyboard.
- Pushing/pulling may involve use of hands/arms, feet/legs,
and/or feet only done with one side of the body or both sides.
- Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet to enter
- Use of one or both feet or legs to move controls on machinery
or equipment. Controls include, but are not limited to pedals,
buttons, levers, and cranks.
- Clarity of vision (i.e., working with small objects or reading
small print), including use of computers.
- Sitting for long periods of time may be required.
- Sometimes moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet to
enter confined spaces.
- Competitive pay depending on previous experience and current
certifications. Overtime is also a factor and is paid at 1.5 X
base. We are a performance based company and pay will ultimately
reflect the employee's productivity and overall performance.
- Paid holidays, vacation (accrued), - and paid sick days
- Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen are
- Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation physical
- This is a remote position and will require the employee to work
from home.Equal Opportunity Employer:National Power, LLC is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA federal contractor. National
Power affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or any other
status protected under local, state or federal laws.Powered by
Keywords: National Power, LLC, Chattanooga , Generator Technician, Engineering , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...