Engineer II - Manufacturing
Company: Integer Holdings
Posted on: March 16, 2023
By living according to a common set of values, we create a
culture that unifies, embraces the uniqueness we all bring to the
company, and positions Integer for long-term success.At Integer,
our values are embedded in everything we do.Customer We focus on
our customers' successInnovation We create better
solutionsCollaboration We create success togetherInclusion We
always interact with others respectfullyCandor We are open and
honest with one anotherIntegrity We do the right things and do
things rightWho are we? Integer is a global organization providing
innovative, high-quality technologies and manufacturing to Medical
Device OEM's (original equipment manufacturers) to enhance the
lives of patients worldwide and a provider of high-end niche
batteries for specialized applications in the energy, military, and
environmental markets. We are guided by our six Values, including
focus on Customers, Innovation, Collaboration, Inclusion, Candor,
and Integrity. Working at Integer means you are part of a team
passionately pursuing excellence in all that we do and always
reaching for the next great achievement.What you'll do in this
role:The primary purpose of this position is to perform work which
involves general engineering methods and tools; but you may also
utilize more advanced technologies and engineering concepts while
you are developing in your role as an engineer in the medical
device industry. In this role, you will ensure that Integer's
internal and external customer expectations are met or exceeded
with occasional direction, instruction and guidance from more
experienced engineers and managers in your organization.
- You adhere to Integer's Values and all safety, environmental,
security and quality requirements including, but not limited to:
Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and
Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
(FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and
other regulatory requirements.
- You will generally work independently with occasional guidance
from supervisors or mentors to evaluate, select and apply standard
engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in
making minor adaptations and modifications to existing
specifications, procedures, and work instructions.
- You will review procedures and plans prior to implementation as
well as evaluate existing products, processes and materials for
failure analysis and potential improvements.
- You will participate in projects that require you to
investigate, develop, document and implement new product and
process technologies of moderate complexity and scope.
- While often you may be responding to situations presented to
you by others, you will also be able to demonstrate proactive
insight into technical challenges and mitigates potential issues or
- You will plan, schedule and execute the engineering work in a
part of a major project; or you may lead a smaller scope
- You will perform work on technical projects where you will
follow Integer's standard quality management and production system
methodologies to investigate opportunities for product and process
- You will apply standard data analysis practices and techniques
to establish root cause for product and process failures or to
support the justification for improvements to products and
- You will be required to observe products and processes to
recognize discrepancies in results and follow operations throughout
a series of detailed steps or processes to establish root cause of
- You are expected to collaborate with others in the exchange of
information, ask questions and regularly check for understanding in
support of your development as an engineer.
- You embed Quality within the Engineering discipline - "I own
Quality." You are a standard bearer for Quality in everything we do
at Integer, by assuring adherence to our Quality Management System
(QMS), facilitating and/or contributing to corrective and
preventive actions, and contributing to the successful attainment
of our quality KPI's and journey to 5 Sigma.
- You may perform other duties as needed and as directed by your
line of supervision.Provide support of Integer's Manufacturing
Excellence and Market Focused Innovation Strategies
- You champion the development of and deployment of the systems
and tools to drive innovation and continuous improvement.
- You embrace the Manufacturing Excellence culture based on the
Integer Production System and its five focus areas:
- Strategy Alignment through Site Hoshin Plans, the regular
cadence of Sales, Inventory, and Operations' Planning (SiOP)
meetings, and regular updates to the value stream maps.
- Leadership of Sustained Change by ensuring production
monitoring & improvement activities and deployment of Leader
- Standardization through workplace organization & visual
controls (5S), Manufacturing Standard Work, and robust training &
- Associate Engagement promoted through the adoption of
standardized problem solving. methodologies, behavior-based safety
programs, and improvement idea and suggestion systems.
- Systems & Process Optimization through adoption of principles
of built in quality, optimized scheduling & material system
designs, work cell design, and total productive maintenance.How you
will be measured:The specific measures listed below may be subject
to change and are not intended to be an all-inclusive list
- Safety is our highest priority; you will be an active supporter
of the Integer Environmental Health & Safety programs.
- Quality - Achievement of site Quality KPI's
- You will have defined Goals and Objectives specifying key
projects and expected milestones to achieve.
- Given your capabilities and experience, you will identify ways
to shorten the project durations and make changes to current
processes and procedures that enable greater efficiencies.
- Innovation and ideation are critical aspects of your role and
you will be expected to generate continuous improvement suggestions
and support the implementation of them.What sets you apart:
- You earned, as a minimum, a bachelor's degree in an engineering
or related technical field; and have at least three years of
- Candidates who do not meet the education requirement may be
considered with 7+ years of relevant experience.
- While you will have occasional support and guidance from more
experienced engineers, supervisors or managers, you will
demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as
collaboratively with other associates and cross functional
- You demonstrate a solid technical aptitude with the ability to
be an effective contributor to a team or produce results of a
technical nature as an individual.
- You have a functional understanding of the Integer Quality
Management Systems and are able to complete required Quality System
documentation tasks with little or no direction from others.
- You demonstrate competency in both written and oral
- You maintain a calm demeanor that transcends the high energy,
constantly changing production environment.
- You possess a positive, can-do attitude with an underlying
belief that failure is not an option.U.S. Applicants: EOE/AA
Keywords: Integer Holdings, Chattanooga , Engineer II - Manufacturing, Engineering , Trenton, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...