Sr CAD Technician - Hospitality
Company: Mohawk Industries, Inc.
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer
solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable
manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the
best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start
or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important
to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or
create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
What we need:
Mohawk is looking for a Sr. CAD Technician who can do more with
This position works with all National Accounts, Strategic Account
Managers, Sales Representatives, and RVP's, The POD team and
Customer Service to ensure that the end-user/client is properly
serviced according to contractual agreements and/or bid
requirements and submitted plans. Under minimal supervision,
responsible for creating seaming diagrams by working with the sales
staff and internal departments to develop an overall installation
plan that will be most beneficial to the customer as well as most
profitable for Mohawk.
What you'll do:
- Must be proficient in use of AutoCAD.
- Must be proficient in mathematics as it relates to carpet
layouts, pattern repeats, and yardage calculations.
- Must be able to read, measure, and comprehend
- Must be able to handle multiple conflicting priorities and meet
- Must be able to work under the pressure of a very fast paced,
extremely technical environment.
- Must be available to work 8 to 10 hour shifts and be available
for weekend work when necessary.
- Review production worksheets for correct widths, sizes,
yardage, and number of rugs, lf of borders and corners and lf
runners, verify repeats and feasibility based on floor plans/CAD
- Navigate the AS400 to find information for patterns, problems,
the order, or the job.
- Review any problems with the appropriate person/department and
drive change with personnel and management
- Double check the flow of the patterns and that all patterns are
running in the correct direction based on CAD
What you have:
- One year of college and/or 5 years hospitality, commercial or
AutoCAD related experience. Or equivalent combination of education
- Preference to individuals with an understanding of carpet
- A willingness to learn on the job and grow your career
- Able to translate/understand planning and estimating
information into order format and vice versa
- (Does the order meet the requirements from the estimate and is
it feasible and properly documented and entered)
- Must be able to work across multiple organizational entities
within and outside department
What you're good at:
- High degree of skill and ability to ensure customer
satisfaction and retention.
- Able to make decisions in a clear, concise manner dealing with
complex orders and high dollar volume
- Independent decision maker and coach to department
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a
demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at
all levels in the organization
- Excellent Voice Quality that is conversational and
- Ability to interpret and follow verbal and written
instructions, policies, guidelines and processing
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal relationship
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- While we're a primarily in-office team, we thrive on
flexibility and ensuring our people can balance personal and
- We're located in a pretty great spot - check out this video to
see what we mean
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that
creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces
around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and
distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the
production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and
vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded
products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the
marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction
requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the
industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC,
Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step.
During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an
American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring
company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe,
India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including
disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud
Drugs Don't Work participant.
Keywords: Mohawk Industries, Inc., Chattanooga , Sr CAD Technician - Hospitality, Engineering , Dalton, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!