Weld Engineer - Chattanooga, TN
Company: Talent Group
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Talent Group is searching for a talented Weld Engineer to join a
top client in Chattanooga, TN. This is a direct hire, onsite role.
If you are not local but open to relocation to Chattanooga, this
client offers a generous relocation package.
- Create accurate project specifications.
- Ensure all engineering documents are up to date.
- Develop standard work templates and revision control
- Assist in design, development, implementation and analysis of
technical products and systems.
- Drives continuous improvement by managing projects and
recommending techniques to enhance equipment/system/process
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Initiate and execute the Product Design and Development (PDD)
process to ensure product definitions and specifications are met by
- Participate and contribute to product design meetings including
product specifications, material selection, 3D CAD models, and
detailed 2D drawings.
- Collaborate as a member of cross-functional project teams from
concept to testing, and ultimately to production.
- Conduct design for manufacture assessments involving
manufacturing expertise to ensure that final design will support
lean manufacturing principles, build quantity, cost, and
- Develop design concepts to meet cost objectives and, interface
with vendors and suppliers to locate and approve
- Administer design history and practice proper engineering
document control processes to ensure drawings are up to
- Work toward identifying commonality in design to assist with
- Demonstrate technical and written skills via generating and
filing reports of design analyses for future reference and
demonstrate interpersonal skills via preparing and presenting
- Provide timely response to Root Cause Analysis and Corrective
action requests related to design issues and/or warranty problems
to support the engineering solution applied in the field.
- Assist peers with workloads as needed for total project
completion by management expectations or production
- Proficient in promoting a safe and healthy work
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures paying
special attention to safety regulations.
- Wears personal protective equipment in accordance with training
- Maintain cleanliness in designated workspace by practicing 6S
principles to reduce safety risks.
To be successful in this role, your experience and competencies
- Code work experience preferred, not required. (AWS, ASME,
- Ability to review, evaluate, and recommend welding process
adjustments and changes based on critical analysis (scientific
- Project Management
- Individual cell layout changes
- Overall welding program changes
- A bachelor's degree preferred in, Mechanical Engineering,
Electrical Engineering, a related field or equivalent and/or
combination of training and experience
- Maintain positive, collaborative working relationships by
engaging with various personalities including customers, vendors,
co-workers, and management while working both individually and as
part of a team.
- Must be able to take on more complex and advanced engineering
projects while balancing project management
- Proven ability to influence, lead teams, and drive
- Skill in working efficiently and accurately to keep up with
engineering, sales, and production requirements.
- Flexible and adaptable in prioritizing workloads, coping with
pressure, deadlines, and rapidly changing situations.
- Proven results with creation and maintenance of engineering
design standards and drawing standards.
- Ability to attract and retain engineering talent.
- Customer-oriented, with the ability to represent Peterson
engineering ideas, and designs to non-technical audiences.
- Extensive cross functional team experience including technical
and non-technical work.
- Proficient in a combination of the following software packages,
or equivalent: MS Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook, and
Dynamics AX), AutoDesk Design Suite ( e.g. AutoCAD, Inventor,
Nastran In-CAD, 3DS Max, and AutoCAD Electrical)
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be a creative thinker, results-oriented, analytical
mindset, and a focused problem-solver.
Keywords: Talent Group, Chattanooga , Weld Engineer - Chattanooga, TN, Engineering , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!