Company: STS Technical Services
Posted on: September 24, 2022
STS Technical Services is hiring A&P Mechanics in Chattanooga,
Tennessee. Position Summary: Now hiring experienced Aircraft
Maintenance Technicians at our Perryville, MO/East Alton, IL/Grand
Junction CO/Chattanooga, TN location to work in our service center
in completion of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and
inspections to complex modifications and repairs on various types
of corporate aircraft. All skill levels are needed (I, II, and
III). Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform general to complex maintenance task on assigned
aircraft and related systems. This shall include, but not limited
to items such as removal and installation of panels and components,
repair work, and sheet metal repair or installation.
- Perform aircraft mechanic duties that require an advance level
of knowledge, training of junior level technicians or
- Examines, disassembles and inspects engines, parts or other
components for wear, warping, breaks, leaks or other
non-conformities or deficiencies. Assembles and installs
electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural
components and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
- Services and maintains aircraft systems by performing tasks,
including, but not limited to flushing crankcase, cleaning screens,
greasing moving parts, and checking brakes. Repairs, replaces, and
rebuilds aircraft structures, functional components, and parts,
such as wings and fuselage, rigging, and hydraulic units.
- Tests engine and system operations, using testing equipment,
and listens to engine sounds to detect and diagnose
- Removes engine from aircraft or installs engine, using hoist or
- Disassembles, and or modifies aircraft structures, systems, or
components, following drawings, engineering orders and technical
- Reads and interprets aircraft maintenance manuals and
specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or
replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Adjusts, aligns, and calibrates aircraft systems, using hand
tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Maintain and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling
- Work independently on projects when required. Minimum
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Associate's Degree in Aviation Technology preferred along with
aircraft model specific training.
- At least 3 years current experience maintaining, inspecting,
servicing and repairing corporate aircraft.
- Must possess a valid FAA A&P License.
- Basic computer skills.
- Experience in Aviation Maintenance Software programs such as
Corridor is preferred. Attendance:
- Must have regular attendance and be able to work overtime when
needed and potentially work alternate shifts as determined by
aircraft schedules and manpower needs. Compliance:
- Possess a valid driver???s license and US Passport (preferred);
must pass a pre-employment drug test; ongoing employment requires
participation and compliance with the Anti Drug and Alcohol Misuse
Prevention Program which includes random testing. Initiative:
- Self-motivated, able to work unsupervised and maintain a rapid
- Quality oriented. Responsibility:
- Must perform all work in accordance with applicable FAA
regulations, the company RSM and Safety standards.
- Follow all company and safety rules during performance of
- Maintain customer service oriented work habits. Minimum
- A valid drivers license approved for airline travel and/or a
valid passport is ideal, but not required Physical Requirements:
- Routine standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting or
- Manual work requires routine or repetitive physical motion with
arms and hands.
- Work is performed in a hangar environment subject to extreme
temperature variations from very cold to very hot. About STS
Technical Services: STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing
Firm that???s partnered with some of the largest names in the
aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries. Our
professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at
client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of
exciting career opportunities for you to explore! If you want to
speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-. STS Technical
Services is an equal opportunity employer. Job Requirements:At
least 3 years current experience maintaining, inspecting, servicing
and repairing corporate aircraft.
Keywords: STS Technical Services, Chattanooga , A&P Mechanics, Engineering , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!