Project Engineer - Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls 1
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most
research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing
leading solutions for numerous sectors - from construction to
photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber - for over 100 years. We have
a global presence with production sites on three continents and
14,600 employees from 70 nations.
At our site in Charleston, we are currently looking for a Project
Engineer - Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls 1 to join our
Purpose:The Project Engineer, EI&C provides corporate project
engineering and project management services related to projects at
all WACKER sites within the NCA region in the field of electrical,
instrumentation and controls (EI&C) engineering related to
capital investment projects throughout all project phases from
feasibility, front-end-loading engineering through detail
engineering, construction, commissioning and turn-over to
operations. This position requires working in a multi-discipline
team with multiple interfaces to internal customers, other
engineering discipline Project Engineers and Project Managers to
manage the EI&C components of Capital Projects and also
independently lead and manage projects that have a high
concentration of EI&C. This position requires travel over an
extended period dependent on project assignment.
- The Project Engineer EI&C will be responsible for the
development of project scope and execution approach for EI&C
engineering and conduct and/or support safety, quality and
regulatory reviews (e.g. HAZOP, code review, environmental review)
as required by the nature of the project/process.
- Collaborate on development of project cost estimate with level
of detail and accuracy according to project phase; support project
budget and cash-flow management while driving continuous
improvement related to safety, quality and cost.
- Facilitate development of project execution strategy and
schedule with level of detail and accuracy according to project
- Manage changes in scope and/or priorities during project
- Represent WACKER'S interests while coordinating 3rd party
contractors, suppliers, and interfacing with other engineering
disciplines or authorities involved in the project.
- Monitor project progress and compile project reports applying
best practices related to project management, engineering and
- Ensure safe and regulatory compliant project execution and
operating condition at turnover and provide start-up support to
- Compile and provide project as-built documentation.
- Partner on development of specifications, standards and
- Cooperate with groups and individuals within the Engineering &
Maintenance department, Operations, and other service units with
focus on achieving optimal results/solutions from a
- Bachelor of Science degree (or higher-level education) in the
field of Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation and/or Controls
- 6 plus years of industrial electrical, instrumentation and
controls (EI&C) project experience, Chemical industry
experience in operations and/or maintenance environment a
- Competence in Project Management activities specific to
EI&C scope such as scope development, cost estimates, bid
package development, scheduling, change order management, spending
plan, vendor evaluation / review, etc.
- Experience and knowledge in Power Distribution for Medium
Voltage and Low Voltage (Switchgear, MCC, PDP, Transformers, VFD.
etc), equipment specifications, wiring diagrams, one-lines, motor
elementaries, power studies, arc flash calc, hazardous area
- Experience and knowledge in Instrumentation (i.e. measurement
technologies and their applications, Instrument sizing and
specification, Piping and Instrumentation diagram (P&ID),
communication protocols, Ex Zone Rating, IP Rating, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge in Controls (i. e. Process safety and
controls strategies, DCS, PLC's, Safety Instrument Systems (SIS),
I/O counts, Functional Descriptions, Control System Architecture,
Network Bus Protocols, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge in E&I construction documentation
like cable tray and raceway plans, power plans, lighting plans,
grounding and lightning protection plans, seismic bracing, general
arrangements, instrument location plans, instrument loop sheets,
instrument hookup details, etc.
- Thorough understanding of engineering principles, relevant
codes (NEC, NPFA, UL, etc.), and construction practices to
effectively execute projects.
- Able to perform and succeed in an environment of schedule and
- Preferred registration as a Professional Engineer in the state
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically &
internationally up to 25%, as required.
WACKER, as an innovative chemical company, makes a vital
contribution toward improving the quality of life around the world
by developing intelligent solutions for sustainable growth. Our
culture focuses on building and retaining diverse and inclusive
teams. WACKER offers a great work environment, professional
development, challenging careers, competitive benefit offerings and
beyond through giving back to our communities.
Be part of our WACKER family, across all nations!
We are looking forward to your online application at
Reference Code: 6204
The information contained herein is not intended to be an
all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job,
nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and
abilities required to do the job. A minimum requirement for this
US-based position is the ability to work legally in the United
States on a permanent unrestricted basis. Visa sponsorship is not
available for this position, including for any type of US permanent
residency (e.g., for a Green card).
WACKER is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
Keywords: Wacker, Chattanooga , Project Engineer - Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls 1, Engineering , Charleston, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!