Sensor Research Engineer - Autonomous Vehicle
Company: TuSimple, Inc.
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together
we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more
environmentally friendly.This opportunity is located in Tucson, AZ.
Full relocation package!You can apply to the job with this email
Company OverviewJoin TuSimple and help change the way the world
moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more
efficient, and more environmentally friendly.TuSimple is a fully
commercialized autonomous trucking company. As a multi-national
Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter
of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading
the industry in autonomous trucking.While inventing the framework
of Autonomous Driving, our live fleet of autonomous Trucks have
fully evolved land freight. TuSimple is leading the way by hiring
the most talented researchers, engineers, and scientists.TuSimple
was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top
minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless
truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms,
mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple has created the
first commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.Role
- Sensor requirements design: collect and write the sensor
requirements documents for different sensors.
- Sensor sourcing: work with sensor suppliers to get related
information, build test bench and evaluate different sensors'
- Sensor hardware system design: select and evaluate different
key chips inside the sensor, design key sensor hardware diagram and
interface, make evaluation hardware testing based on the
- Sensor EE architecture and wire harness design: design the EE
architecture for sensors, design the power supply and design
related wire harness.
- Sensor evaluation: design the testing procedure, finish the
evaluation setting up and test cases, data analysis and release
sensor evaluation report.
- Sensor system integration and testing: build system solution,
integrate sensors to the whole autonomous system, test system
performance, sensor environment testing.Experience & Skills
- B.S., BEng or M.S. in Robotics/Automotive/Electrical/Mechanical
Engineering or a related field.
- Deep understanding of the principles of one or more following
sensors: GNSS, IMU, Lidar, Radar, Ultrasonic, Camera, etc.
- Experience in sensor development, sensor module integration for
mobile platforms, sensor performance evaluation.
- Understanding common communication protocols such as CAN,
- Has troubleshooting experience for complex engineering
- Has experiences with multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Ability to work safely in a fast-paced environment.Bonus Points
- Have experience competing in autonomous driving contests.
- Familiar with vehicle environment standards (Temperature,
Vibration, EMC, etc.), ISO 16750, 7637, J1455 or equivalent.
- Proficiency with common EDA tools and hardware design.
- Have 2+ years of industry experience in Sensors, Autonomous
Driving, EE and/or Robotics.
- Experience in ISO 26262, FMEA.
- Experience in development of over 3 different types of
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks,
special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disabilityTuSimple is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in
employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age,
handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are
performed without regard to the above-listed items.This opportunity
is located in Tucson, AZ.You can apply to the job with this email
University, California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon
University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth
College, Duke University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard
University, Harvey Mudd College, Massachusetts Institute of
Technology, North Carolina State University, Northwestern
University, Princeton University, Purdue University, Rice
University, Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology, Stanford
University, Tufts University, University of California - Berkeley,
University of California - Los Angeles, University of
Illinois-Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland-College Park,
University of Massachusetts-Amherst, University of Michigan-Ann
Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania,
University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin,
University of Washington, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Williams
College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University,
MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo
AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak,
Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving,
Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning,
Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, Anduril Industries,
Sift, Nauto, Tempus, Salesforce, Automation Anywhere, SenSat,
Phrasee, Defined Crowd, Pymetrics,Siemens, Socure, AEye, Rev.com,
Suki.ai, Verkada, DataVisor, People.ai, AlphaSense, Icertis,
Casetext, Blue River Tech, Nvidia, Bright Machines, Orbital
Insight, Brighterion, H2O, Intel, Clarifa, X.ai, Zebra Medical
Vision, Iris AI, Freenome, Neurala, Akamai, Zoho, ServiceNow,
SalesForce, Oracle, Tableau,Splunk,Cvent, Veeam,Atlassian,
DocuSign, Dropbox, Veeva Systems, Proofpoint, Cornerstone,
Qualtrics. New Relic, Okta, Intralinks, MuleSoft, Freshworks,
Slack, Twilio, Anaplan, Stripe, Workfront, Smartsheet, Zuora,
OutSystems, Coupa, Cylance, Elastic, Zoom, SailPoint, BlackLine,
iCIMS, Digitate, Qualys, Kareo, DataStax, DiscoverOrg, Siteimprove,
Druva, Centrify, Looker, SimilarWeb, Odoo, Kyriba, Sumo Logic,
Sisense, PagerDuty, DigitalOcean, Liquid Web, Zaloni, Databricks,
ServiceTitan, Fastly, SnapLogic, Mendix, Couchbase, Egnyte,
Seismic, Bill.com, Justworks, Collibra, ActiveCampaign, Schoology,
Keywords: TuSimple, Inc., Chattanooga , Sensor Research Engineer - Autonomous Vehicle, Engineering , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!