Electrical Controls Engineer
Company: Johns Manville
Posted on: February 24, 2021
The Electrical and Controls Engineer provides Electrical &
Controls Engineering for the implementation of Capital Projects for
JM's Manufacturing Operations. The role will be responsible for
developing, scoping, coordinating, justifying, implementing, and
managing from start to finish a broad range of industrial
electrical and control system manufacturing projects, including
scope documents, engineering calculations and designs,
specifications, cost estimates, schedules, project justifications,
and project training and documentation for Johns Manville the
manufacturing facility in Etowah, TN.
- Ability to perform electrical & control systems engineering for
all aspects of projects with limited guidance.
- Prepares and reviews technical electrical specifications for
equipment and processes projects.
- Assist the Corporate Electrical Group in review and
implementation of Corporate Specifications and Standards.
- Assist facility with manufacturing operations as well as
execution of electrical safety initiatives.
- Provide project management and oversight for all aspects and
phases of more than one project assignments concurrently and
responsible for driving projects to completion.
- Ensure compliance to technical specifications and contracts for
equipment and services for all aspects of projects.
- Maintain good communication to management and project customers
regarding project status, problems, and changes.
- Coordinate, review, provide oversight, and manage supplier and
contractor activities for all aspects of the project on and off
site, including the commissioning, startup, and training for plant
- Develop bid request documentation, supplier lists, bid
evaluations and make recommendations for purchasing.
- Manage overall project budget, forecasts, schedule, scope,
deliverables, execution, and reporting to provide the expected
benefits of the project to the organization.
- Coordinate, review, provide oversight, and manage external
engineering resources and consultants as needed.
- Provides support for remote manufacturing facilities to
determine root cause failure analysis and development of corrective
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or electrical
engineering technology with a minimum of 3 years of experience in
control systems engineering in a continuous and/or discrete
- Demonstrated electrical and control system engineering
- Demonstrated ability to provide solutions to basic project and
process engineering problems.
- Solid knowledge of Allen-Bradley PLC and HMI applications
(including programming) along with communications within enterprise
and control networked systems.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge in the application of the NFPA 70E
Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace -- arc flash energy
and shock hazards.
- Ability to manage and support multiple (1-3) projects
- Demonstrated success managing projects $50k - $200k
- Demonstrated capabilities in working collaboratively with
internal and external engineering resources.
- Must possess good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated drive and initiative to complete assigned tasks
and investigate and seek out improvement opportunities.
- Requires travel (
--- Preferred Requirements:
- Demonstrated experience in the engineering and implementation
of 480V (Switchgear, Power Distribution Panel, Motor Control
Center) and 4160V Power Distribution Systems.
- Knowledge of Siemens drives and PLCs.
- Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job
functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential job
Keywords: Johns Manville, Chattanooga , Electrical Controls Engineer, Engineering , Etowah, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!