Principal Faculty Member
Company: University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Posted on: February 16, 2020
- Contribute to the Program Director's efforts to implement a
premiere physician assistant educational program.
- Create, revise, and uphold the policies and standards outlined
in the PA Student Handbook.
- Serve as an advocate and ambassador for the PA Program ensuring
program needs are being communicated to the Program Director.
- Uphold and promote a positive work and learning environment for
students, faculty, and staff.
- Assist in development, implementation, teaching and evaluation
of graduate-level didactic and clinical curriculum for the PA
- Participate in the development, initiation, and incorporation
of an array of engaging pedagogical and teaching methods to diverse
learners throughout the curriculum in classroom and laboratory
- Develop, deliver, and assess objective driven course
- Desire and motivation to teach in active learning-based
- Develop student learning competencies required for the
successful completion of the Physician Assistant National
Certifying Examination (PANCE).
- Assess, advise, evaluate, and remediate students.
- Participate in recruiting, applicant review, and interview of
qualified student applicants throughout the admissions
- Provide supervision and academic counsel to students.
- Serve as a small-group facilitator.
- Develop and administer PA Studies Program testing and practical
- Assist in securing new and maintaining existing clinical
- Assist in preparation of accreditation documentation, to
include assessment of teaching and learning, programmatic data
collection, and analysis and preparation of self-study
- Attend and participate in PA Program evaluation retreats.
- Serve on Departmental, College, and University committees in
coordination with the Program Director.
- Represent the PA Department Program at university and
- Participate in scholarship and service activities as assigned
and negotiated by the Program Director.
- Other duties as assigned
- 0.20 FTE Clinical, research, scholarship, professional
development release time. Qualifications
- Terminal degree within field, minimum of Master's Degree.
- PA, eligible for licensure in TN with unrestricted
- Current, valid National Commissions on Certification of
Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification
- If a health care provider, a minimum of 3 years clinical
- Applicants with doctoral level degree in a basic,
pharmaceutical or social science discipline may be considered.
- Higher education/academic teaching experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Cultural competency to work with diverse student and/or
- Physical ability to perform essential functions of the position
with or without reasonable accommodation
- Honesty, integrity, and commitment to maintaining high
professional standards, as may be verified through contact with
professional references. Application Procedures Applicants should
prepare to submit the following information within our online
application system for consideration:
- Cover letter/letter of interest
- CV including up-to-date, personal contact information (email,
- Unofficial transcripts
- Work samples of curricula
- Names, titles, and email addresses for 3 references for
confidential letters of recommendation to be requested Contribute
to the Program Director's efforts to implement a premiere physician
assistant educational program.Creat...
Keywords: University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Chattanooga , Principal Faculty Member, Education / Teaching , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!