Medical Office Assistant
Company: Dialysis Clinic, Inc.
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Overview Founded in 1971, Dialysis Clinic, Inc. (DCI) remains
the nation's largest non-profit dialysis provider. - With a team of
approximately 5,000 talented and caring employees serving across
the United States, DCI provides care to nearly 15,000 patients on
dialysis and 3,500 patients with chronic kidney disease. - We offer
a variety of services including in-center hemodialysis, home
hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis (PD). - Each position within
DCI, from billers to administrators to nursing staff, contributes
toward the goal of providing excellent patient care.The Medical
Office Assistant -is responsible for performing numerous
administrative responsibilities in support of clinical operations.
- Serves as the Medical Record Practitioner for the satellite
clinic -- is knowledgeable of HIPAA, and -ensures proper
-maintenance, security, storage and destruction of patient medical
- Answers the phone, forwards the calls to the appropriate
person, or takes messages.
- Greets all patients and visitors and directs them to their
- Creates memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents as
- Maintains the billing information for all in-center and
transient patients. - Verifies patient insurance and obtains
pre-authorization when required.
- Keys daily flow sheets, generates reports, balances charges,
and checks entries for accuracy.
- Assists AR personnel by notifying patients about delinquent
accounts and in collection of accounts as requested.
- Completes log of incoming checks and cash.
- Verifies patient status daily (i.e. hospitalizations, missing a
- Prepares new -patient packet for new admissions and for
- Assist Nurse Manager, Area Operations Director, and clinical
staff with clerical work as requested. Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three to six months related experience and/or training
- Familiarity with medical terminology is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and ExcelDCI is a federal
contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. - If you are
having difficulty using the online application system or would like
to request other accommodations or application methods, please
contact Doug Patterson at - -or 615-327-3061. Once a request has
been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs
and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to
providing such accommodations where possible.For more information
about equal opportunity please see: -;;; and.
Keywords: Dialysis Clinic, Inc., Chattanooga , Medical Office Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Dayton, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!