Company: Merrick & Company
Posted on: February 14, 2020
Office AdministratorIntroductionMerrick & Company office is
seeking an energetic individual to be a part-time (25-30 hours)
Office Administrator for a busy engineering office in Chattanooga,
TN. Job DescriptionThe Office Administrator will provide
administrative support to the Merrick team and technical staff.
Responsibilities include answering phone and directing calls,
document control, word processing/preparation of documents,
electronic filing, copying, meeting planning, and general office
- Help prepare for meetings scheduling, conference room
setup/cleanup, order food.
- Track and order office supplies; schedule repairs & maintenance
- Manage travel itineraries; make travel arrangements.
- Arrange office events (team building, holiday party, community
- Organize and maintain employee and client badge/key
- Organize and maintain client computer system access.
- Maintain training database for the team.
- Help engineers track & maintain PE license.
- File & retrieve documents & drawings to/from client
- Provide general administrative support copies, coffee
maintenance, office tidying, sort mail, shipping.
- Assist compiling engineering packages.
- Document formatting Microsoft word/Adobe/BlueBeam.Requirements
- Prior experience (5 yrs) working in a professional office
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Adobe/BlueBeam skills, with an
ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and
- Strong organizational, problem-solving skills, multi-tasking
abilities and attention to detail.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in fast-paced quickly changing
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.Physical Requirements
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Work
EnvironmentThis job operates in a professional office environment.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not
limited to: computers, phones, copiers, and scanners.Additional
- Apply online only. No e-mail, hard copy or third-party resumes
- Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and
benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and
vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing
education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
- We recognize the importance of developing top talent from
within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and
external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their
achievements through excellent benefits and competitive
- Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender
identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national
origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other
applicable status protected by state or local law.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.Job ID: 2020-2232 External Company Name:
Merrick & Company External Company URL: http://www.merrick.com
Street: Suite 600 Republic Centre
Keywords: Merrick & Company, Chattanooga , Office Administrator, Administration, Clerical , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!