Posted on: August 16, 2019
Job Description - Corporate Controller
Why join Skuid? Our mission, our product, and our culture.
Skuid is a front-end application development platform designed for
enterprise problem-solvers to quickly build beautiful, tailor-made
applications. With Skuid, it is easy to connect to disparate data
sources, assemble highly complex, made-to-order applications, and
instantly make changes-all declaratively. With the power to
innovate, permission to experiment, and the promise of agility,
Skuid customers can focus on staying competitive in the next wave
of innovation. Skuid has over 5M users in 30+ countries, and its
customers range from Fortune 2000 to other enterprise companies and
Skuid hires exceptional individuals, invests in their growth and
development, and offers them an environment of shared goals and
values, rich experiences and opportunities. In turn, our employees
take their projects and responsibilities very seriously, without
taking themselves too seriously. We seek caring heroes, humble
experts, and design thinkers whose talents and accomplishments will
contribute to a thriving company, who have the character to support
their capacity, and can make a positive impact on our culture. If
you believe you have what it takes to earn the trust of others, you
will fit in well at Skuid.
About This Position
As the Corporate Controller at Skuid, you oversee the accounting
functions of the Company, including billing, accounts payable and
receivable, payroll, and financial reporting. You also handle
working with external parties to prepare the company's tax returns,
its interactions with regulatory agencies, and other functions.
You oversee the company's systems for financial and accounting
procedures, due diligence with investors, collecting on accounts
payable, payroll processing, financial reports, statements,
budgets, expenses and forecasts, and for filing periodic reports
with the Board and investors.
You communicate well, in writing and in person, to be effective and
successful. You adapt quickly to changes of plans, goals or
objectives made by the organization. You quickly assess the effects
of changing circumstances and develop strategies to positively
affect the company's overall finances. You have the invaluable
ability to proactively, quickly and independently process ideas,
implement changes, and plan new initiatives.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and
enforcing financial policies and procedures.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting,
interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and
summarizing information and trends.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by
studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future
legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial
reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Assist in the budget design and preparation process.
- Design and maintain effective internal control
- Administer bank accounts, permissions, and system controls to
protect company assets.
- Monitor cash flow to communicate and anticipate needs.
- Oversee the payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and
other financial reporting functions and all of their related job
- Oversee and complete month close tasks and preparation of
perioding financial reports.
- Prepare workpapers supporting financial reports.
- Design system integrations and operating procedures to create a
scalable and streamlined accounting environment.
- Administer and improve upon financial systems as company needs
- Work with external firms to complete required audits and tax
- Ensure compliance with authorities in financial operations and
- Oversee accounting for any subsidiary entities and work with
foreign accounting firms to maintain compliance in local
- Perform currency translations and global consolidation
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned as accounting
and finance needs arise.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Business Administration with
an emphasis in accounting preferred.
- Prior experience as a Controller or similar role required.
- C.P.A. strongly preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are critical.
- Experience with the following tools: Intacct, Expensify,
Salesforce, ADP, and Xactly CEA.
- Ability to engage across all levels of leadership and
stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Ability to problem-solve, prioritize work, and meet
- Work both independently and in groups with the ability to
collaborate with team members in order to achieve departmental
- Work in a complex and changing organization and with the
ability to adapt to changes in structure and work
- Positive and professional attitude; perform responsibilities
- Excellent communication and organizational skill with superb
written and verbal communication skills.
Keywords: Skuid, Chattanooga , Corporate Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!