EMR CODING AUDITOR
Company: Galen Medical Group Pc
Posted on: June 23, 2022
EMR Coding AuditorGalen Medical Group offers several medical
specialties throughout the Chattanooga region. We provide quality
care and patient-friendly services to adults and children of all
ages. Our mission is to elevate the health of our community through
multiple medical specialties providing excellent care delivered
with wisdom, compassion, integrity, and a commitment to technology,
education, and scientific inquiry. We are seeking qualified,
like-minded individuals to join our team!The EMR Coding Auditor
(ECA) facilitates improvement in the overall quality, completeness,
and accuracy of medical record documentation. The individual will
perform medical record reviews based on CMS Quality Standards and
validating active chronic problems for each patient and
communicating with the physician to ensure Hierarchical Condition
Coding is met, as well as accurate and up-to-date patient problem
lists are documented in the EMR. This position will interact with
physicians, coding staff, and other members of the health care team
to ensure the accuracy and completeness of clinical documentation
to support resource utilization and patient outcomes.The ECA
reports to the HIT Director and will be located at the Corporate
Office but may work remotely or clinic-based, as needed. It is the
obligation of each Galen associate to comply with and promote the
Galen mission, core values, privacy, and
corporate/departmental/site policies (I.E. Dress code, Time and
attendance, et al).RESPONSIBILITIES:Coordinate Patient Services
- Perform medical chart reviews to confirm adherence to AAPC
clinical coding guidelines.
- Complete audits daily to validate compliance with quality
standards and HCC documentation.
- Queries the provider to educate and improve individual patient
documentation in the EMR.
- Protects self and other team members by following all
compliance, HIPAA, and infection prevention guidelines and
- Respect patients by recognizing their rights; maintaining
- Assist the patients primary care provider with coordination of
care/services to ensure the smooth transfer of member information
across the continuum of care.
- Maximize the use of resources to improve quality outcomes with
the reduction of unnecessary tests/procedures maintaining accurate
and complete documentation in the medical record.
- Proactively engage with patients, family, and/or caregivers to
educate and coordinate the completion of necessary procedures or
tests.\Establish and Maintain Quality Care Population Health
- Independently monitors and reviews an assigned patient
- May provide telephonic outreach to patients identified as high
risk, with a chronic condition(s) to assist with medical record
requests, as needed.
- Thorough understanding of ICD-10, CPT, and complex co-morbidity
- Participate in monthly and quarterly meetings, as requested by
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications,
establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art
practices, and participating in professional organizations
regarding clinical quality measures and governmental
regulations.The above job description is intended to describe the
general content of and requirements for this job. It is not
intended to be a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or
- Must be certified as a procedural coder and maintain
certification throughout employment.
- Must have strong analytical, oral, and written communication
- Associates Degree in related field preferred.Experience
- Minimum of two years of healthcare experience required with one
year of clinical experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years of customer service experience
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional skills of independence, organization, verbal and
written communication, problem-solving, professional interaction,
and human relation skills, as well as analytical skills and
- Must be PC literate with strong computer navigational skills,
as well as extensive knowledge of Windows and Microsoft
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Proficient with processes to build teams and participate in
- Ability to work within specified timeframe requirements,
including timeframes for goal achievement.
WORKING HOURS:1. Work hours can be PRN, Pro-rated FT or FT based on
needs of the site.2. Weekends, holidays and overtime must be worked
as required by department.3. Galen reserves the right to change the
work schedule of any employee when it is considered in the best
interest of the organization.4. The reasonable scheduling of
overtime is the prerogative of Galen, and employees will be
expected to work such overtime unless excused by their
supervisor.As part of the Galen Medical Group, the applicant must
be a team player and provide excellent customer service while
assessing our patients needs efficiently. Perform all duties in
compliance with Galen Medical policies, HIPAA, and OSHA
standards.Galen Medical Group is a member of the TN Drug-Free
Workplace and it is a requirement that we conduct a pre-employment
drug screen, as part of the hiring process.Why should you apply?
- 401(k) benefits.
- Education reimbursement.
- Holiday Pay.
- Great earned time-off policy.
- Company-paid Life Insurance & Long Term Disability.
Keywords: Galen Medical Group Pc, Chattanooga , EMR CODING AUDITOR, Accounting, Auditing , Hixson, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!