Posted on: June 23, 2022
Assistant ControllerThe Assistant Controller will be a key
contributor to the monthly financial close and reporting process,
design and implementation of internal controls, and on-going design
and development of accounting processes and
- Design, develop, and maintain standard operating procedures for
- Design, develop, and maintain internal controls within the
Accounting Department and throughout Company.
- Ensure that SOPs and internal controls are in place and
functioning to provide reasonable assurance that the Company assets
are protected and to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the
- Review the internal control environment and provide suggestions
for improving segregation of duties and for mitigating financial
- Ensure that company financial records and reports are prepared
and maintained in compliance with company policies, and US
- Research accounting issues for compliance with generally
accepted accounting principles.
- Responsible for identifying the scope and assumptions necessary
for calculating complex accounting accruals.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly account reconciliations and
other documents to ensure compliance.
- Assists with management of accounting, auditing and budgeting
within the organization:
- Assist with monthly close process and financial statement
- Assists with coordination of audit support and workpapers
- Assists with the budget process
- Drive continuous process improvement activities (enhanced
process documentation, process enhancements, automation, cross
- Other projects and process improvement initiatives, as
- Supervise Payroll, Accounts Payable and General Ledger
- Responsible for continued development of staff.Requirements
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field required.
- 5 years of relative work experience as a Senior Accountant,
Assistant Controller, or equivalent.
- Relevant experience in the Leasing / Transportation Industry is
- Public accounting experience preferred but not required.
- Aptitude for developing and maintaining a thorough working
knowledge of accounting software and systems. Karmak, SalesForce,
and Domo experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with applicable software (Microsoft Excel, Word,
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Proficient with data analysis, critical thinking and
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong process improvement experience
- Positive, can do attitude, and a true team player
- Expert knowledge of accounting and financial principles,
regulations and best practicesWage$90,000 - $120,000 dependent upon
- Medical, Dental, & Vision with employer paid contribution up to
One Thousand Dollars per Month
- HSA with $800 annual employer contribution
- Voluntary Life, Short and Long Term Disability
- 8-week paid Maternity Leave (mothers) and 2-week paid Paternity
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Holidays (including birthday)
- 401(k) with up to 4% employer match
- Profit Sharing (some exclusions apply)
- Retirement Pay Program
- Years of Service Cash Incentive
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning's course library for
personal and professional development
Keywords: TEL, Chattanooga , Assistant Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!