Sr. Corporate Internal Auditor
Company: Shaw Industries Group, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job TitleSr. Corporate Internal AuditorPosition
OverviewContributes to the Internal Audit Group's responsibility
for assuring the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls
throughout the C ompany. Audits financial data and internal control
processes of various departments within the organization. Assesses
effectiveness and efficiency of operations, reliability of
financial reporting and compliance with applicable laws and
regulations. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
in this role . Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Position
will have a wide range of exposure to all levels of Management
across the company, i ncluding Executive Management. Reports to the
Director of Internal Audit.Responsibilities:
- Plan and perform internal audits of the C ompany :
- Evaluate financial and operational internal controls.
- Identify and recommend improvements in current policies and
procedures , including system enhancements .
- Interact with Management at various levels to discuss and
review findings and recommendations from audit engagements.
- May be called upon to assist with independent investigations of
potential fraudulent activities , conflicts of interest and/or
other ethical concerns.
- Flexibility to both work independently and with teams. May be
asked to lead and review the work of fellow staff members on
- Represent Internal Audit Group on various project teams and as
liaison with key business stakeholders.
- Perform additional duties and special projects as requested.Key
- Deliver Compelling Communication
- Demonstrate Good Judgment
- Learn Continuously
- Build Trusting RelationshipsRequirements:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 2 years of audit experience in public accounting or
corporate internal audit setting
- The candidate is expected to have obtained Certified Public
Accountant (CPA) and/ or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- K nowledge of internal control concepts, Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP) and risk-based auditing ; m ust be
familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within
- S trong organizational and communication skills , both written
and verbal#LI-AC#ShawINDWork Shift8 Hr non-rotating shift, Hrs fall
to in punch day, Observed Calendar, shift starts AMShaw is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free
of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to
recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job
classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status,
gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Shaw Industries Group, Inc., Chattanooga , Sr. Corporate Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Dalton, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!